• If Only It Came In A Jar

June 15, 2006

Sean sat on the edge of the bathtub this morning watching me trying to perform a face lift on myself with a jar of Loreal ultra, energizing, firming, age-defying something or another.  It wasn’t going well.

“Want me to sing you a song?” he volunteered, maybe hoping to cheer me up.

“Absolutely!” I agreed.

“Je-jush loves me, dis I know,” he belted out in little boy falsetto, “and Bingo was his name-oh!”

Amusing and oh so wry.  The former Catholic school girl in me appreciated the Jesus-Bingo reference. And then I laughed out loud because, actually that was pretty good. And then the boy laughed because he had made his mother laugh.

Forget Loreal.  It’s amazing what a good laugh first thing in the morning can do for your countenance.

1. Sarah says:

Truly, I would rather have deeply etched laugh lines to show that I am enjoying life! (I’ve currently got a ferocious ‘worry crease’ between my eyebrows!) Bottle up that sweet little song and apply twice a day!

June 15th, 2006 at 8:02 am

2. chelle says:

hehe agreed! Laughter is way better!!

June 15th, 2006 at 9:05 am

3. owlhaven says:

That’s great!!

Mary, mom to many

June 15th, 2006 at 9:21 am

4. Code Yellow Mom says:

So true! I love the songs they come up with. Jesus-Bingo is classic. My boy gets stuck on EIEIO – that part of the song goes on like a skipped record, then it suddenly changes to the ABCs. Love it.

June 15th, 2006 at 9:35 am

5. Fraulein says:

That’s awesome. I cannot wait for my daughter to start speaking in full sentences like that. She’s 20 months now and so far she hasn’t really gotten beyond two-word commands like: “Juice, Mommy,” or “Book, Daddy.” It’s going to be so cool to communicate on the next level!

June 15th, 2006 at 10:25 am

6. kim says:

I keep telling myself that they’re laugh lines not wrinkles. So far it’s working. Who knows how I will feel as more and more giggle across my face.

June 15th, 2006 at 3:45 pm

7. Pieces says:

That is a great way to start the day. I have found myself in such a business-like mood lately that I am trying to remind myself to smile once in awhile. I’m not scowling–jut serious all the time.

June 16th, 2006 at 2:55 pm

I’d take laugh over lacquer any day. Now if I had to choose between the laughter and liquor, that might be another story. (Fortunately for me the last two usually go hand in hand.)

Sean is adorable. I love that he enjoys making you smile.

June 20th, 2006 at 11:56 am