• Vacation Planning Just Got Easier

August 22, 2006

This past weekend, we took a few days off and took Sean to Sea World in San Antonio. The rides! The shows! Shamu! The $3 bottled water!

100_5633a

And Sean’s favorite attraction? The candy-cane posts! That was definitely worth the five hour drive and $50 admission. I think on our next vacation, we’ll just go to the mall parking lot and let him play with the parking blocks.

1. Kailani says:

Isn’t that always the case? LOL!

August 23rd, 2006 at 4:35 am

2. Sarah says:

Wow — bottled water ws only $3?? I thought Sea World was a Six Flags theme park? Must not be, or water would be at least $5! I’m trying to figure out the ‘why’ of the candy cane posts? Shamu likes candy canes? It’s perpetually Christmas at Sea World? Enquiring minds…

August 23rd, 2006 at 6:01 am

3. Big Mama says:

After a long day at Sea World this summer, I asked my daughter what her favorite part was. Her reply “The monkeys”. Did you see any monkeys while you were there? Yeah…neither did we.

August 23rd, 2006 at 7:51 am

4. Barb says:

Yeah. They get you coming and going don’t they? $3 for a bottle of water indeed. I’ll bet there’s a sign at the entrance warning you that you’re not allowed to bring your own food and beverages, right? There always is. Parking lot sounds like an exciting place to me!

August 23rd, 2006 at 7:52 am

5. Stacey says:

That cracks me up! It’s so funny the things kids actually enjoy compared to what we think they’ll enjoy! Have fun at the mall : )

August 23rd, 2006 at 8:53 am

6. Everyday Mommy says:

ROFL! Ah, yes, I remember it well…we took LoveBug to the zoo last year, paid the $45 admission fee, braved the 99

August 23rd, 2006 at 9:23 am

7. Laurel Wreath says:

Too funny. It is like when they get some new toy, but they end up having more fun with the box than the toy that was inside!!

August 23rd, 2006 at 9:32 am

8. kat says:

Oh antique mommy- i feel so priveledged that you left a comment on my blog! Man you crack me up…been reading your “best of’s” and OH thanks for the laughs!!! Your subtitle is the funniest- cutting itty nails with bi-focals. Me and hubby were rolling.

August 23rd, 2006 at 10:59 am

9. Susan says:

I totally hear you. We’re leaving Friday for a 3-day trip to Disneyland. Somehow, I’m thinking the crappy hotel pool will be the main attraction.

August 23rd, 2006 at 11:39 am

10. EaglesWings98 says:

That is so funny.

August 23rd, 2006 at 12:03 pm

11. EaglesWings98 says:

That is so funny.

August 23rd, 2006 at 12:03 pm

12. Susan J. says:

Our kids love Sea World! BTW, we carried backpacks with Sam’s Choice water bottles in them. Not a problem at the gate. I am wondering about the Candy Cane poles though. They must be new.

August 23rd, 2006 at 12:51 pm

13. Wendy Boucher says:

Now you know what to get him for Christmas.

August 23rd, 2006 at 2:38 pm

14. Christina says:

Don’t all kids do this? It’s funny but my boys do this stuff more than my girls. My girls used to watch the boys doing something like this and just look at the boys like why are you doing that?

August 23rd, 2006 at 5:40 pm

15. Code Yellow Mom says:

Seriously.

I’ve also considered just going to the recycle bin behind Toys R Us and grabbing a few empty toy boxes, wrapping them for birthday gifts. They seem to have a lot more staying power and fun built into them than the actual (expensive) toys.

August 24th, 2006 at 8:18 am

On Victoria’s first trip to the zoo, the first thing she saw was a fountain. She was almost three. She cried and cried and cried when we left the fountain. . .until we got to the seals. . .which were within viewing distance of the fountain. We meandered through the rest of the zoo listening to Victoria say, “When can we go back to the fountain?”

I bet you can get some of those candycanes cheap after Christmas and have Sea World at your house year round. . .just set ’em up in the back yard with a little swimming pool, and maybe you can teach the mole to water ski behind a miniature motor boat.

August 24th, 2006 at 10:03 pm

17. Grafted Branch says:

Ah! You were in my neck of the woods! Hope you had a great time there. I won’t go anywhere in San Antonio unless it’s November – April! lol. Summer is for hybernating.

August 25th, 2006 at 12:11 am

18. marcia says:

We have had passes to Sea World and the Six Flags theme park here for more years than I can count.

Both parks will give you a free cup of ice water at the concession stands. We usually buy their “souvenir” cup at the beginning of the season and bring it with us each time. They’ll fill that baby up with free ice water too. No limits.

I guess it’s cheaper than stationing Emergency Medical Technicians at every junction in the park.

August 26th, 2006 at 9:20 am