• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • Nature Call

October 23, 2006

Little known fact: The Navajo invented their super-secret code not to throw off the other Indians, but because they had toddlers. Everyone with a toddler knows that they are omniscient — they see all, hear all and are acutely aware of all. Navajo code is the only way to keep information, which they will use against you, out of their hands.

This past weekend we stayed in a hotel and we were enjoying breakfast in the dining room when Antique Daddy leans over to me and almost inaudibly whispers, “Nature calls. I’m going back to the room.”

As Antique Daddy makes his way towards the door, Sean announces to the other diners, “DADDY’S GOING ON A NATURE CALL!”

Anyone know Navajo for Nature Call?

1. qtpies7 says:

“I need to see a man about a horse?” Well, that could backfire, too, lol. “Gotta go do my duty.” No, not good either.
      When all else fails, try computer lingo, hehe “I need to go download.”
      qtpies7

October 23rd, 2006 at 9:01 am

2. Laurel Wreath says:

WEll I think I would rather nature call than some others I can think of =)))

October 23rd, 2006 at 9:55 am

3. Leslie says:

My husband and I pull a sly sign language gesture for “toilet.”

October 23rd, 2006 at 10:15 am

4. Stacey says:

That is sooo cute. I love when they hear the things they shouldn’t!!

October 23rd, 2006 at 12:00 pm

Try pig latin… It will work until he figures that out too. :)

October 23rd, 2006 at 12:10 pm

6. Jennifer says:

My nephew learned “I need to see a man about a horse” from his grandfather. Sometime later, he announced rather loudly, “I need to see a man about a race-horce.” All the tables nearby were filled with convulsive laughter as the little guy ran to the restroom.

October 23rd, 2006 at 1:22 pm

7. Linda says:

My husband says he’s going to the library. Although that may just confuse Sean. I think it’s best to just laugh!

October 23rd, 2006 at 2:49 pm

8. Blog_Antagonist says:

One child I know says “sink the S.S. Feces” Probably not one you want to borrow, huh?

October 23rd, 2006 at 3:36 pm

9. kacey says:

Golly, I love that kid! How about, “Excuse me, please?” of “I’ll be right back.” or “This cat’s going to the sandbox!”

October 23rd, 2006 at 4:46 pm

10. Everyday Mommy says:

LoveBug zinged me today in public. I caved and took him to McDonald’s for lunch. While dining he piped up out of the blue to declare, “I wish you would never, ever get mad at me again Momma!”

A fellow diner dialed her cell phone.

My heart began pounding, fearing that child protective services might pull into the parking lot at any moment.

October 23rd, 2006 at 4:48 pm

11. Jen says:

So funny…..kids say the cutest most honest things…and then think nothing of it….although you on the other hand were sitting there trying not to laugh

October 23rd, 2006 at 9:23 pm

12. edj says:

Just remember you will have the last laugh. I’m glad you wrote it down. Remember that someday he will be 16 and trying to impress that cute cheerleader, and that teenagers embarrass easier than parents. Aha…the smile is creeping across your face right now, isn’t it?

October 24th, 2006 at 6:43 am

13. Damselfly says:

How about the Navajo for, “I think I’ll crawl under the table now?”

October 24th, 2006 at 11:12 am