• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • A Peemo Boat

December 1, 2006

Last year, it was the chicken wipes mystery, which was later solved, thanks to my astute readers who are fluent in toddlerese. Last years chicken wipes are this years ticket whites. We are making progress.

This year’s mystery phrase is Peemo Boat.

When I ask Sean what he wants for Christmas, he will say, “A boat.” And then I say, “What kind of boat?” And then he says, “A Peemo Boat.” And then I say “A Peemo boat?” and walk away scratching my head.

Anyone have any idea what a Peemo boat is? You’ve got 24 days to figure it out.

This mystery remains unsolved: http://antiquemommy.com/2006/12/26/look-a-peemo-boat/

1. chilihead says:

I’m dead serious when I say/write, you should totally record him saying it and then post it for us to hear. If I hear it I may be able to decipher it. I was once able to determine that “tuh-puh-o” was Turtle Power! from Ninja Turtles (and that was waaaay before I had kids).

December 1st, 2006 at 2:56 pm

2. Kara says:

Nemo? Hm, that’s all I can think of lol.

December 1st, 2006 at 3:22 pm

3. jen says:

Dont have a clue…..surf the internet with that spelling.

December 1st, 2006 at 3:32 pm

4. Chris from Canada says:

Hmm. Some variation of speed boat? Or speedy boat? Or speedo boat?

Yeah OK – I don’t have a clue.

December 1st, 2006 at 3:37 pm

5. Blog Antagonist says:

WOW. That’s a tough one. My husband is a wanna be boat afficianado, and I can’t think of a single type of boat that would match this description. Methinks this may not be a boat at all.

A coat? A float? A goat? A moat? A Shoat? A Tote?

Sorry…that’s how I play boggle. Well uh…good luck.

The Chicken Wipes thing was hilarious. I can’t wait to hear when you figure this one out.

December 1st, 2006 at 3:39 pm

6. Amy says:

I asked my 2-year-old for you. I thought he might be able to help. Here’s how that conversation went:
      Me: C, What’s a peemo boat?
      C: No Peemo boat.
      Me: But what is a peemo boat?
      C: We need to vote.

Sorry. I tried.

December 1st, 2006 at 5:03 pm

7. Tricia says:

These are only guesses. People boat? Elmo boat? That is a tough one

December 1st, 2006 at 5:16 pm

8. Sarah says:

Okay, makes me think of “Primo”. Maybe he just wants an awesome boat!! Do you use that phrase, “Oh, that was primo!”

Yeah, I know — my kids are older, so we’re going through the, “I saw it on a commercial and it can go on land and water and flies and makes my lunch. I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!! No, I have no idea what it’s called.”

Calls to mind another story about my daughter — wanted a treasure chest. That’s all she would say. Treasure chest. I had NO idea. I got her something that I thought would suffice as a treasure chest. All wrong, of course. I have since seen that there exists a treasure chest that comes with all sorts of dress-up clothes. Why, why, why is communication with a toddler so hard?

December 1st, 2006 at 5:20 pm

9. Shannon says:

You’re in trouble. I think he’s saying Primo Boat and it’s this: http://www.alessandroprimo.com/.

A cool ten million oughtta get one of these babies.

December 1st, 2006 at 5:48 pm

10. Kai says:

Hmm tough one… People boat? Lego boat? Steam boat? Speed Boat? I’m stumped!

December 1st, 2006 at 7:05 pm

11. cynthia says:

Speed motor boat?

December 1st, 2006 at 8:16 pm

12. Brenda says:

“Peemo Boat” is obviously toddlerese for “Barnes and Noble gift certificate” says my husband.

Me? Not a clue. Maybe it’s something he’s seen on TV?

December 1st, 2006 at 8:17 pm

13. JenMom@LotsofScotts says:

Since I have 3 toddlers, I can SOOOOO appreciate this post (and the chicken wipes story…hilarious) but I am stumped. My first thought was Nemo boat, that led to billy goat. sorry, but cannot wait to see what it turns out to be.

December 1st, 2006 at 8:25 pm

14. Jennifer says:

How about “Remote?” Like a remote-controlled boat?

December 1st, 2006 at 9:16 pm

On the way to pick up my daughter from her friend’s house, I asked my 5 year old son:

“Thad, what is a ‘peemo boat?'”
      “I don’t know, Mommy. What is it?”
      “I don’t know either. That’s why I asked you.”

“Maybe it’s a VIKING boat. Can you turn on ‘Who Let the Dog’s Out?’ Can I go inside Abby’s house? When will Daddy be home? Did you bring my juice?”

And thus ended our exploration of what Sean might be saying. . .but the remote boat from Jennifer looks good to me.

December 1st, 2006 at 10:06 pm

16. M&Co. says:

The husband says this might be a time for him to learn you don’t always get what you want.

I think this is the right time for you to take him to Target and ask him to show you the Peemo Boat so you can tell Santa about it.

December 1st, 2006 at 10:24 pm

17. Anne says:

Maybe some kind of “remote” control boat? Are there any commercials advertising one? That is where my 3 yr old comes up with some of her odd requests. Right now, she wants to eat at the Olive Garden, and asks quite often when we are taking her to “the grape place”.

Just be sure you are recording all of these great mystery pronunciations. Some day we will miss them! :) I dread the day Natalie no longer requests “breakstest” (breakfast).

December 1st, 2006 at 10:49 pm

18. Paulette1958 says:

Yes tell him next time he see’s peemo boat to tell you and point to it, that always worked for me.

December 1st, 2006 at 11:23 pm

19. Janean says:

My ideas were centered around BRAND names like “Little People” or “Weebles”. “Nemo” was a good guess, too. “Noah” doesn’t really sound like “Peemo”…does it? as in Noah’s ark (boat)?

Ummmm…No.

Yah, the Chicken lites story was HILARIOUS!
      My #1 said “La La Kah” for Santa claus. Still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. :D

December 2nd, 2006 at 8:13 am

20. Kvetch says:

My only thought right now is that it’s not a boat at all, but you should hold up a toy boat and ask him. And yes, play the “gotta make sure Santa knows what it is” card. In toddlerese I think “b’s” are often really “m’s” so I’m thinking along the reMote lines also here. Is there a character he likes that starts with “B”? B’s easily become P’s.

I’ll keep thinking.

And that Chicken Wipes posts nearly made me lose my coffee. You will be able to bribe him with that one starting at age 10 and going right through adulthood.

December 2nd, 2006 at 8:15 am

21. Sue says:

Uh.. could it be a Brio boat? Or some kind of steam boat?

December 2nd, 2006 at 8:24 am

22. confused foreigner says:

“People Boat?” Does Fisher Price have a boat?

December 2nd, 2006 at 8:54 am

23. Becky says:

The chicken wipes story was hilarious. Love it. I’m laughing out loud. As far as the Peemo boat…my daughter thinks it is a submarine! Good luck!

December 2nd, 2006 at 9:16 am

Aren’t you just amazed at how many of us love you so much that we keep spinning those wheels trying to figure out what a child that has NONE of our DNA is saying???

I had to check back today to see if there had been any headway.

I have about a million photos of my first sqatting in pictures. No, she didn’t need to use the restroom. She just squatted from the ages of 16 months to 2 years EVERY time I pulled out the camera. One day it dawned on me. . .I ALSO squatted every time I pulled out the camera to photograph her SO I COULD GET ON HER LEVEL. . .she just thought that’s what ya do when it’s picture takin’ time. . .

December 2nd, 2006 at 9:18 am

25. Jenn says:

Oh Antique Mommy you are hilarious! Or at least your take on your life! I so want to go to Tuna to see the Chicken Wipes and take a ride on a Peemo Boat-well I am not sure about that last part-yet. I am sure it will be priceless. If only there was CSI- Child Speak Investigations!

December 2nd, 2006 at 9:19 am

26. Michelle-This One's for the Girls says:

A “T.V. Show?”

December 2nd, 2006 at 10:16 am

27. Beth says:

Hmmm… I’d go with Nemo personally, since that’s what my kids usually mean! Take him to the store and let him show you in the toy aisle… or ask him if it’s on a show he’s watched, and which one, maybe that will help clear it up. Good luck :)

December 2nd, 2006 at 12:03 pm

28. veronica says:

How funny that you mention the chicken wipes story again. My husband loved that story, and two nights ago we took the kids driving around to look at Christmas lights. He would point out the window and say, “Look! Chicken wipes!”

December 2nd, 2006 at 12:21 pm

29. Heather says:

As soon as I read this, I thought of Playmobil. They have a big pirate ship that I’ve seen advertised on tv a lot. Try this link: http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=3286%40Sites-US&CatalogCategoryID=uVYKAANpNt0AAAEOaBEUFTeM&JumpTo=BrowseStandardCatalog

Hope it works!

December 2nd, 2006 at 1:24 pm

30. MotherPie says:

PRIMO BOAT.

Top-of-the-line. The best one.

He’s aiming high, mom.

December 2nd, 2006 at 6:59 pm

31. Aunt Murry says:

I’m with Chili, I’d have to hear him say it.

December 2nd, 2006 at 8:31 pm

32. Susan J. says:

I asked my boys and they tried, but no answers yet. Go to toysrus.com and type boat into the search field, then ask Sean if he sees it there.

Good luck and keep us posted.

December 2nd, 2006 at 9:41 pm

33. jouette says:

susan took my idea – except she’s smarter because i was gonna tell you to take him to TRU and show him the boats to see what he’s talking about. GL, and be sure to let us know just what peemo boat really is.

December 2nd, 2006 at 10:58 pm

34. Kim says:

I’ll be mulling that one over all day long. I have no idea what it is he wants. But I’ll bet the answer will be so obvious that you’ll laugh. Love, love, love the “chicken wipes” story. When my oldest was 15 months old she keep saying “city lights” in re all the decorations. Finally we got it. She was saying “See the lights.” She is all grown up now with a little girl of her own, but we still enjoy the “city lights” every year at Christmas.

December 3rd, 2006 at 10:42 am

35. Cousin Doris says:

Another Possibility…..

December 3rd, 2006 at 3:23 pm

36. Lesley Warta says:

How about the Fisher-Price The Backyardigans Splash Time gift set? It has Pablo and a pirate boat. It can be found at Kohls.com

December 3rd, 2006 at 9:41 pm

37. Aunt Murry says:

I have to tell you this is really making me think and I have come up with no answers.

December 4th, 2006 at 11:05 am

38. Sandy says:

I once used my super-mommy sleuthing skills to decipher “fynut fifi” as… “Elephant Movie” (Dumbo!) But without the pressure from an agitated toddler, I just don’t think I can come through on this one… I vote for the remote boat. Good luck.

December 4th, 2006 at 3:24 pm

39. jodisattva says:

This is too funny.

My three year old is delayed with his speech, and I just spent about a week decoding “shah-shah-shee” which is brodeeze for Christmas Tree.

That being said, I’m just not smart enough to figure out Peemo Boat. Good luck
      with that, and Merry Shah-shah.

December 4th, 2006 at 9:59 pm

40. jodisattva says:

This is too funny.

That being said, I’m just not smart enough to figure out Peemo Boat. Good luck
      with that, and Merry Shah-shah.

December 4th, 2006 at 9:59 pm

41. Erica says:

I really honestly think it is the Playmobil Pirate boat.

I just saw a commercial for it right now..and I could see how playmobil could be peemo.

Anyway, that’s my guess.

December 6th, 2006 at 9:46 am

42. Meagan says:

Maybe he wants a Nikko radio powered speed boat?

December 6th, 2006 at 4:12 pm

43. Janean says:

I could use your advice as well!

December 8th, 2006 at 8:09 pm