• Look! A Peemo Boat!

December 26, 2006

Photo Temporarily Unavailable

NOT!

Even though Playmobil sounds somewhat like Peemo Boat to the untrained ear, it is in fact not. Christmas is as good a time as any to crush the hearts of little children so that they should learn from the great philosopher Mick – you can’t always get what you want, yet you still have to say thank you. I give it six weeks before this non-Peemo Boat and it’s 78 parts finds its way to the trash heap goes missing.

The most favored toy status has been officially conferred upon the Magna Doodle, a gift from Aunt Annette. Thanks Annette!

And now, this Christmas season, it is finished.

Except for the fight over when/how to take down the tree and and the Discover card bill. Those things of Christmas 2006 shall live on into the coming year.

1. veronica says:

I remember one year the only thing I asked for was a “Crayola Art Kit.” My mother found me one, and was confident that she had won favored toy status. She asked me which present I liked best and I said, “My Pretty Curls dolly.” Her face fell.

Darn kids.

December 26th, 2006 at 7:55 am

2. Janet Bowser says:

I want the tree down right after Christmas every year. Chuck likes it to stay up. I figure that it’s easier to take everything up to the attic after the kids are back in school anyway, but I want my living room back and all the stuff put away!

December 26th, 2006 at 8:20 am

3. Sue says:

What? Finished? But today’s only the second day of Christmas! Twelfth night (Jan 5th, the day before Epiphany) is the end of the Christmas season, and when trees and decorations should come down!

Oh, and I’m sorry you didn’t solve the Peemo boat problem. I was hoping to find out what it was!

December 26th, 2006 at 9:05 am

4. Sarah says:

I still predict that by week’s end, Sean will point to some $2 object in Wal-Mart and say, “Look, Mom! A Peemo Boat!” And you will smack your forehead. Again, ask me how I know these things! 🙂 Just please tell us all what it is.

I never even got Christmas all the way out, but I am ready for it to BE GONE!

December 26th, 2006 at 9:53 am

5. jen says:

I wondered of you found that boat…….I’m glad you did…even though it may…or will end up in the trash sometime in the next 3 weeks. I’m taking things down today…..come read my post for yesterday….Merry Christmas to us…….

December 26th, 2006 at 10:48 am

6. Corina Bowen says:

LOL- I always loved it when I would find one of the missing million lego pieces as I walked thru the hallway with no shoes in the dark…. fun times. Main reason why they found their way to the “missing in action” trash can.
      As for tree….. Its coming down New Years day… only because I can’t get to it til then! I love Christmas, but I love taking it all down right afterwards too!

December 26th, 2006 at 12:03 pm

Corina, I know what you mean about those Leggos. When we returned from vacation recently, I was disappointed to find that someone hadn’t broken in and stolen ours.

December 26th, 2006 at 12:08 pm

8. Marian says:

Oh, hang onto the Playmobil and Legos! In a box hidden away somewhere until he’s older, perhaps, but keep them! The key is to have one plastic bin into which all little/wayward pieces can be easily thrown. Lego and Playmobil are both on my very, very short list of worthwhile toys that really grow well with kids, and I’ve heard this from several other moms as well. Believe it or not, my 10 year old got the Playmobil police set for his birthday earlier in the month, with additions at Christmas, and has played with little else all month. Lego collections can just grow and get better with age. Magna-Doodle also happens to be on our favorite toys list, it’s ranking hampered only by the fact that they don’t bear normal wear and tear very well and do need to be replaced periodically.

December 26th, 2006 at 1:50 pm

9. Big Mama says:

Hope y’all had a Merry Christmas, in spite of no peemo boat and the impending Discover bill.

I would have gladly thrown my tree out the front door last night, ornaments and all, just to get it out of my house…but I have to show some restraint because I’m sure I’d regret having no ornaments next year.

December 26th, 2006 at 5:20 pm

10. misslionheart says:

Enjoyed reading your ‘About’. I’m a 43yr old mother of 4. Had IVF with the first….the rest followed on!

December 26th, 2006 at 6:26 pm

11. Kacey says:

Please let us know when yhou discover the true identity of the phantom “Peemo boat”. We all remain curious. I agree with Marian on saving the Legos for the future. We moved when our kids were 17, 18 and 19 and I gave away a sizeable collection of Legos and Matchbox cars. They never quite forgave me, but I suspect they play with their children’s Legos when the kids are asleep!

December 26th, 2006 at 7:30 pm

12. Stacey says:

I can’t believe you never figured it out. I’m saying it over and over in my head and can’t think of anything but Nemo boat. If you figure it out soon will you go get it for him??

December 27th, 2006 at 9:46 am

13. Lisa says:

I stumbled across your blog through a link from a friend about a month ago. I have been checking back since to find out what a Peemo Boat was! I even starting asking some friends. I am so sorry to hear the mystery remains unsolved! I am glad to read that other people are ready to toss their trees. I love the anticipation leading up to Christmas day, but on Dec 26th I’m ready for all of it to be over. Keep blogging; I enjoy it. I hope you find a Peemo Boat!

December 28th, 2006 at 4:41 pm

14. Christi Richardson says:

This is a playmobile boat. Maybe it is what he was looking for? I hope so, cause this is gonna HAUNT me if you never figure it out. arghh..
      my kids loved this thing as a kid, too. Great bath toy.

December 28th, 2006 at 4:50 pm