• Must Be Spring Time

March 1, 2007

Photo Temporarily Unavailable

Because my teaspoons and my little boy have disappeared into the garden.

1. An Iowa Mom says:

Arrgghh … though this is VERY sweet … I’m a little disgusted at the thought of people have SPRING. My children were dismissed early today due to a WINTER STORM bearing down on us. It’s March Mother Nature … ENOUGH ALREADY!

Enjoy your weather … and your sweetie pie playing with teaspoons in the garden. 😉

March 1st, 2007 at 2:27 pm

2. Becky says:

What a sweet picture. We had rain all day, but it is warming up! YEAH!!!

March 1st, 2007 at 2:32 pm

3. Polly says:

Wonderful picture!

Complain about Texas all you want, but I would love to be somewhere that is sunshining and green! Right now we are ankle deep in snow and everything is dead. Just plain dead. The sun is shining a little today. So that helps. Our spring here in Nevada won’t come until late April or so. And then we’ll still have more cold and maybe a couple of more snows. Yuck.

March 1st, 2007 at 2:54 pm

4. MotherPie says:

Digging in the dirt. Too bad the children in Manhattan can’t experience this. The playgrounds are in the streets. It makes me sad to see what they are missing.

March 1st, 2007 at 3:05 pm

5. PowersTwinB says:

What a lucky boy, to be able to dig in March! lol..we’re having another ice storm..I am sick to death of winter…everythings blah blah blah….

March 1st, 2007 at 3:08 pm

6. maggie says:

How sweet – we are still buried under the Valentine’s day ice.

March 1st, 2007 at 3:53 pm

7. Sarah says:

I can’t believe how much he’s grown up since I started reading this blog a year ago. What a lucky little boy; I hope you and he both enjoy this springtime!

March 1st, 2007 at 3:58 pm

8. Michelle-This One's for the Girls says:

You’re just trying to make us jealous, aren’t you?? It’s 26 degrees up here and snowing. Ugh.

March 1st, 2007 at 4:08 pm

9. Lucy says:

I too started my marriage with the nicest set of silverware. Come over some time. I’ll take you out in the yard and show it to you……….you might want to bring a metal detector.

March 1st, 2007 at 4:09 pm

10. Lynn says:

I wondered where all my spoons went. Now, I remember. I bet that is why the 2 left in the drawer are bent.

March 1st, 2007 at 6:04 pm

11. Babystepper says:

What is it in us that makes us want to dig in dirt? I can’t quite fathom what primal instinct would cause this. Maybe it’s our inner archaeologist.

March 1st, 2007 at 6:15 pm

12. Kai says:

Teaspoons eh? Remind me not to come over to your house for icecream or cereal!

March 1st, 2007 at 7:42 pm

13. Donna W says:

Well, I thought I had left a comment before, but I must have muffed it: Thanks for jogging memories to a mom whose babies are now 38 and 40. I lost many a spoon in their younger years.

March 1st, 2007 at 7:57 pm

My mother will still run across a spoon in the yard or old garden from time to time. . .her youngest is 36. 🙂

March 1st, 2007 at 9:19 pm

15. Carla says:

I want to play in the garden with a teaspoon, but we got 6 inches of snow today…in Seattle, technically just outside of Seattle. grrrr

March 1st, 2007 at 11:34 pm

16. Amy Hummel says:

We have nice weather here too. My kids have been spending a lot of time outside too lately, and it’s really nice because I can clean the messes inside while they aren’t there to make more.

March 1st, 2007 at 11:55 pm

17. Beck says:

Spring, you say? We’ve been on storm warnings for the past 48 hours because of a snowsquall that is SUPPOSED to pass our way – and we won’t be totally clear of snow until late May. But regardless, all of my teaspoons have vanished as well. What’s up with that?

March 2nd, 2007 at 5:51 am

18. diana says:

i have several teaspoons that are MIA… never did find them and my son is a teen ! Your post brought back memories.

March 2nd, 2007 at 6:39 am

19. lrlwreath says:

I was continually buying more and more teaspoons!

March 2nd, 2007 at 9:45 am

20. Kara says:

Aw, he is so adorable 🙂

March 2nd, 2007 at 10:33 am

21. Rivkeleh says:

I *knew* there was a reason I bought that extra set of 2 dozen super-durable stainless steel spoons, way back before my little guy was born. I’ll have to figure out where I stored them! Our problem here is that he can’t hold a spoon and Lightning McQueen, the famous race car, in his hand at the same time… Spring will motivate him soon enough, I think! Now if we can just get the basketball hoop off my bulbs…

March 3rd, 2007 at 1:47 pm