• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • Seven Random Things About Me Meme

May 28, 2007

This meme has been around the blogosphere for some time now and since I am too tired to write anything else several readers have tagged me, I thought I’d play along. Consider yourself tagged.

I once had dinner with Ralph Nader. He is exactly in person as he is in public. You have to admire that.

The only previous boyfriend I am still friendly with is my boyfriend from kindergarten. Probably because he is still the same person he was in kindergarten – smart, funny, cute and genuine.

I once had a paranormal experience.

I love the history of First Ladies and The White House. First Ladies are kind of accidental politicians and I find their role in history to be fascinating.

I’ve never not had bangs.

I am a distant relative of Harry Truman who once said, “If you can’t convince them, confuse them.”

I have always wanted a sister.

1. joythruChrist says:

I also love the First Ladies’ history. I have biographies of several who have interested me the most. And I always wanted a sister, too. :)

May 28th, 2007 at 10:06 pm

2. Megan says:

Okay, now I totally want to know about the paranormal experience. :)

May 28th, 2007 at 10:21 pm

3. Sandi says:

I didn’t even realize it until I read your blog, but I’ve never not had bangs, either! What an interesting thing to discover about yourself after 60 years!

May 28th, 2007 at 11:55 pm

4. boomama says:

When I was ten or eleven, I had a book about the First Ladies and their china patterns. I have no idea what happened to it, but if I were to find it, my heart would go all pitter-patter. I just love that kind of stuff, as evidenced by the fact that, when I was a junior in college, I spent spring break in DC. Because I wanted to go to museums. And I loved every single second.

May 29th, 2007 at 12:38 am

5. Clare says:

Bring on the paranormal experience! ;)

May 29th, 2007 at 4:05 am

6. Beck says:

I’ve always wanted a sister, too. I have brothers, but that’s not exactly the same. (Still, we’re very close.)
      I’ve rarely had bangs which is sort of funny, since I have about 5 acres of forehead. I have some right now and it feels weeeeird.

May 29th, 2007 at 7:13 am

I wonder if my daughter will miss not having a sister. . .or if my son will miss not having a brother. . .

Paranormal, indeed. I have only had paranormal dreams. . .and normally they are about people I love. They are always good–so good that in my dream I have to keep reminding myself that those people are gone and aren’t coming back so I won’t be shocked when I wake up.

I’m weird.

May 29th, 2007 at 8:51 am

8. Susan J. says:

I want to hear about the paranormal experience. You can’t just put that out there and then not explain it! :)

May 29th, 2007 at 9:57 am

9. chilihead says:

Have you seen the First Lady exhibit at the Smithsonian? It’s wonderful. Just…wonderful.

How did you come to have dinner with Ralph Nader? Sounds interesting to me.

Of course, we ALL want to know about the paranormal experience. I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours. ;)

May 29th, 2007 at 10:14 am

10. mcewen says:

I’m fortunately – I have both a sister and a brother, six years older and six years younger.
      Because I’m here, she’s in GB and he’s in Beijing, we don’t get to see each other that often, atleast not without climbing on a plane.
      Only a couple of weeks to wait now, for a mini reunion – then we can have a good squabble about something completely teeny weeny. Siblings!
      Cheers

May 29th, 2007 at 10:33 am

11. Jan says:

I agree with the other comments. You must post about the paranormal experience. Please.

May 29th, 2007 at 10:39 am

Wouldn’t y’all really rather hear about my dalliance with Ralph or my super cute boyfriend from kindergarten?

The paranormal experience is part of a larger story that would not be served well by a post. I will write of it at some point.

But I would love to hear about yours!

May 29th, 2007 at 10:46 am

13. Rivkeleh says:

Are you familiar with the White House Historical Association? They’re responsible for a lot of the maintenance/decorating of the White House, as well as, if I recall correctly, funding each President’s unique china pattern. I worked for them in high school, selling books to summer tourists. They have a great collection of books, including one that is a short biography and the official portrait of each President and First Lady. They publish other, more scholarly material on the White House and first families.

Thought I’d offer fodder!

May 29th, 2007 at 10:47 am

14. midlife mommy says:

The paranormal experiences sounds very, very intriguing.

May 29th, 2007 at 11:09 am

15. Snapshot says:

Well Antique Mommy we have a bunch in common, even amongst the random things!

May 29th, 2007 at 11:20 am

16. Susan says:

We’d love to hear about your paranormal experience! I have had several of my own.

I always wanted a sister closer to my age. Mine was 20 (my mother was 44) when I was born. We were never close. Had she been closer in age, we still probably would not have been close. We loved each other but had absolutely nothing in common. She died at age 49, back in 1998.

Interestingly enough, some of my paranormal experiences have *involved* her!

May 29th, 2007 at 12:08 pm

17. Everyday Mommy says:

Paranormal experience…me, too.

May 29th, 2007 at 12:23 pm

18. Jerry Grasso says:

I agree, you need to see that First Lady exhibit at the Smithsonian….its up the flight of stairs to the left of Kermit the Frog, Dorothy’s Slippers and the puffy shirt from Seinfeld…..

May 29th, 2007 at 12:26 pm

19. Rocks In My Dryer says:

Okay, really we MUST hear the story of #1 and #3.

May 29th, 2007 at 2:49 pm

20. Marie says:

Paranormal experience? Do tell!

I think we were forbidden to not have bangs growing up. I watch as my sisters raise their daughters without bangs… fervently! Cracks me up. My hair’s curly & short, so it’s kind of like bangs all over. Pretty stylish bangs.

May 29th, 2007 at 3:12 pm

21. veronica says:

When I was a little girl, we had a book about the first ladies, and I read it over and over. I loved their names, and was determined that if I ever had daughters, I would name the first them Lucretia and Letitia.

Thank God I changed my mind.

May 29th, 2007 at 3:21 pm

22. Terri says:

I’ve always wanted a sister, too!

May 29th, 2007 at 3:54 pm

23. jean says:

I have a younger sister and a younger brother. My sister and I are complete opposites. One of us is thin and blonde and the other one is me!!

I worry alot that my son will miss out on so much because he is an only child. He swears that he prefers to be an only, but I still worry about it. Oh well, if I didn’t worry about this then it would be something else, right? LOL

May 29th, 2007 at 6:40 pm

24. Jeana says:

Ack. Foiled by the word ver again. I originally commented this morning, promise.

I am a distant relative of Robert E. Lee, who my Dad once said didn’t really surrender, he just needed his sword sharpened and he thought Grant was a bladesmith.

And I’m intrigued by the paranormal thing too.

May 29th, 2007 at 7:03 pm

25. Susan J. says:

I would like to know about your dinner with Ralph Nader. How did that come about ? Where?

May 30th, 2007 at 8:38 am

Ah yes, the year was 1995 and Ralph and I, we were luv-uhs. No. Not really. Ralph has not one sexual bone (hee hee) in his body.

Actually I was the editor of my teeny tiny college newspaper and he came to speak at the school, so I got to have dinner with him and interview him.

That same year I sat on the lap of Chet Atkins. Now Chet and me, that was a different story….

May 30th, 2007 at 8:49 am

Good night AM, you have to tell about Chet now! Nosy… I mean, er… Curious minds want to know.

And I always wanted a sister too. It’s a good thing I found you, huh?

May 30th, 2007 at 9:43 am

28. Stacey says:

Those were really fun! I love the one about confusing people if you can’t convince them… I’m going to give that a try.

How sweet that you always wanted a sister. I always wanted a brother!

May 30th, 2007 at 12:22 pm

29. kittyhox says:

I also love anything related to the First Ladies.

And, of course, I always wanted a sister. :) Or a brother. But especially a sister.

Fun stuff!

May 30th, 2007 at 12:38 pm

30. Jeremiah says:

You survived 8 years of Catholic education – that in and of itself is a paranormal experience!

Let’s hear all about the “super cute” boyfriend from kindergarten. That should make for an interesting post.

I love your blog. :D

May 30th, 2007 at 2:20 pm

31. Ms. Paty says:

Hello! I am your neighbor from Laredo! I also have a love for the First Ladies and have ready many of their autobiographies. Hillary Rodham Clinton published a book called “Invitation to the White House” It is really nice! It honors all the hard work of the White House Staff and gives detailed information about hosting various world leaders, state dinners and all the duties required of a First Lady. I think you would like it! How nice to know so many people also enjoy this part of our American History.
      I read your blog often and really enjoy it! Thanks! Ms.Paty

May 30th, 2007 at 10:01 pm

32. ComfyDenim says:

paranormal?
      Isn’t that when two “normals” get together?

May 30th, 2007 at 11:19 pm

33. katy says:

I flew from New York to London with Ralph Nader behind me with his knees in my back. It was the most uncomfortable flight ever because he was using the tray on the back of my chair as his office.

May 30th, 2007 at 11:44 pm