• Deen

June 2, 2007

Internets, meet Deen. Deen meet the internets.

Photo Temporarily Unavailable

Last summer we had Margie, who summered with us and then mysteriously disappeared on Sean’s birthday in November when winter arrived.

This year, Deen is the new Margie.

Sean named him Deen, because, you know – he’s deen with a widdle bit of wellwoe. But that was too long so we shortened it. Deen is our favorite peeping Deen. He (She? How would you know?) hangs around the back door, clinging to the window screens, silently peering in, fascinated I’m sure, by all the Antique weirdness therein. No doubt you’ll be seeing more of Deen here as the summer wears on.

1. Karly says:

Deen with a little wellow! How cute!

June 2nd, 2007 at 8:55 am

2. JC says:

Hi – this is the first time I’ve ever posted a comment so here goes!
      We have a family of blue tongue lizards that live in our yard here in Melbourne Australia and we see them often in the summer.
      They are all called Russell ( cause they rustle the leaves of course ) One day I had to chase one out of the garage ( hubby away so I HAD to do it ) which the kids thought was very funny, as I freak out at creepy crawlies and snakes etc.
      Absolutely love your blog, very entertaining reading!

June 2nd, 2007 at 9:14 am

3. Gayle says:

Doesn’t every boy need a pet lizard? I mean you can’t really pass into adulthood without having some reptiles memories. Oh, and a dog. Got the dog yet?

June 2nd, 2007 at 9:16 am

4. mcewen says:

Free pets that are self sustaining and no poop – gotta be a winner!
      Cheers

June 2nd, 2007 at 9:25 am

5. Blog Antagonist says:

When I first moved here, I was surprised (and a little skeeved out) by all the critters. I especially disliked the giant slugs. But I do like the little lizards. They’re cute. Now that our cat stays indoors, we see them quite often. My boys think it’s pretty cool.

June 2nd, 2007 at 10:42 am

6. Heather says:

Deen is COOL!

June 2nd, 2007 at 11:01 am

7. Clemntine says:

In his portrait, Deen wooks a widdle mow wellwow than deen, but I’m sure, like me, Deen looks a lot chubbier – um- wellwower in pictures.

:~D.

June 2nd, 2007 at 11:09 am

8. Beck says:

We’re painting the kids’ room deen today, actually. Just like your Deen.

June 2nd, 2007 at 2:49 pm

9. Tracey/RealEstateGirl says:

okay, I had to enlarge the picture to make sure that thing was real! YIKES!

We don’t have “bugs” and other such things THAT big down here in South Alabama!

June 2nd, 2007 at 4:21 pm

10. Tara says:

Hello Deen… oh he’s just beautiful. Certainly hope to see more of him.

June 2nd, 2007 at 5:10 pm

11. Fiddledeedee (It Coulda' Been Worse) says:

Deen wouldn’t last 5 minutes around here. We are known around the amphibious neighbors, as notorious murderers.

June 2nd, 2007 at 6:37 pm

12. maggie says:

Wow. We don’t have things like that around here – just bad bunnies and chipmunks.

June 2nd, 2007 at 8:47 pm

13. MrsX says:

Brings to mind Kermit the Frog’s song “It’s not easy being Deen — er, Green.” 😉

June 2nd, 2007 at 10:33 pm

14. chilihead says:

I loved Margie. Here’s to good times with Deen.

June 2nd, 2007 at 10:49 pm

15. Deanna says:

How funny! I needed a giggle and you gave me one after a crummy night at work! Thanks! I just love how little kids talk!

June 3rd, 2007 at 1:14 am

16. Ortizzle says:

Hi! A newbie here. Love your blog and your sense of humor. Keen on Deen, too, although… I just enlarged the picture, and… how the heck long is his tail? Looks like it’s off the map!

June 3rd, 2007 at 9:17 am

17. Net says:

Somehow, I expect “Deen” to stand up and entice us to buy insurance with a British accent.
      Adorable…….wish we had one on our door for the kids to watch.

June 3rd, 2007 at 9:18 am

18. Frigga says:

What a cutie!

June 3rd, 2007 at 10:42 am

19. mama speak says:

I’m with Net, any relation to that Brit on TV hawking the car insurance? If he is, Deen could probably take you guys to lunch or something…I mean that’s a national campaign, do you know how much those actors get paid for stuff like that?

I’m just saying….