• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • God Bless America

July 4, 2007

Photo Temporarily Unavailable

Land that I love.

Stand beside her, and guide her
    Thru the night with a light from above.
    From the mountains, to the prairies,
    To the oceans, white with foam.
    God bless America,

My home sweet home!

Irving Berlin

1938

This post was scheduled to go up on July 4th.  Apparently when you convert CST into Greenwich mean time into military time by a factor of blonde, you get 38 hours later than whatever time you hoped for.  Happy belated 4th y’all. And FYI, we had a rain-free starry starry night by which to watch the fireworks. Yay!  Now back to our regularly scheduled rain.

1. Girl Gone Wild says:

Yay for clear skies!!!

I’ve had some issues with my preposting schedules…pain in the rear I tell ya!

July 5th, 2007 at 6:47 pm

2. Pat Kirk says:

You have regularly scheduled rain too? There’s a strange light out today. Someone said it’s called “SUN”. Can rain be far behind?

July 5th, 2007 at 7:02 pm

3. Lisa G. says:

Happy 4th to you too! How many blessings you have to celebrate! From one Antique Mommy to another! (I am 45 with two boys 4 & 6, and an 11 year old daughter).
      I have enjoyed your website and “getting to know you” and the journey your life is taking. What a beautiful story! Take Care.

July 5th, 2007 at 8:59 pm

4. Megan says:

Oh man, I wish I had seen this yesterday – might have reminded my that I like “God Bless America” so much better than the “Star Spangled Banner”. I tried to teach it to my kids (5, 3, and 2) in honor of the holiday but all I got for my effort was a reminder just how difficult that song is to sing.

I’m glad you had a nice day – it was sunny here too, and 100 degrees.

July 5th, 2007 at 10:27 pm

5. Chris says:

Honestly, you are so funny. Loved it, late or not.

July 5th, 2007 at 11:30 pm

6. Joy, of course! says:

Oh well, this is a wonderful sentiment for any day. Just the fact that you are able to finagle some kind of advance posting schedule means you are worlds ahead of me. I am glad the rain stopped a bit to let you enjoy the fireworks. I wish it would move east now towards us.

July 6th, 2007 at 12:06 am

7. Tammy says:

I’m glad the rain stopped for you! We finally had clear skies for the afternoon and for the fireworks, but the waters from the heavens prevented the parade! I posted pictures of the would-be float anyway!

July 6th, 2007 at 12:09 am

8. MamaLady says:

Better late than never.
      Yippee! I trust you enjoyed the no rain.

July 6th, 2007 at 12:29 am

9. Misslionheart says:

I can’t remember the last rain-free day we had here in Ireland!

Still loving your blog…

July 6th, 2007 at 8:05 am

10. Susan says:

By some miracle, we also had a rain-free 4th. The rain comes here after it is done with you, I think.

July 6th, 2007 at 9:17 am

Alright… the caption cracked me up. If it makes you feel better, I forgot to post on the 4th. You’re a much better citizen than me.

And yay God for letting the rain subside to that you and your family could see some major twinkling outside.

July 6th, 2007 at 10:25 am

12. jean says:

Well, you know where that rain went? That’s right. I got it. The first time in forever that I have company over and it poured just as the burgers hit the grill. Everyone was very good about it and we moved everything inside. The rolls were a little soggy and the napkins a little moist but we still had fun. I glad it finally stopped raining for you. At least you get to go out and get some fresh (dry) air.

July 6th, 2007 at 1:42 pm

13. Steve Rowland says:

From your neighbours up north – Happy Birthday!

July 6th, 2007 at 4:05 pm

14. Laura says:

That’s okay! At least you got it up. The wait was worth it.

July 6th, 2007 at 8:14 pm

15. Kilikina says:

I know how you feel about the rain, but thankfully we too had a rain free night! After 19 days of consecutive rain here in Oklahoma!

July 6th, 2007 at 8:20 pm

16. KYouell says:

I would love to know where you found that beautiful photo!

July 13th, 2007 at 2:07 pm