• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • Taking A Long Lunch

September 17, 2007

Hello reader friends!

I have a number of projects that require my attention this week, so I will be otherwise occupied and unable to entertain you with tales of run-ins with public toilets or chi chi sandals that conspire against me.  I am working on writing and illustrating a children’s book as well as writing another family memoir.  Not to mention I need to workout. Badly.

Now that Sean is in school a few days a week and getting a bit more independent, I want to take advantage of that of free time and get back into my studio again and paint and do the creative things I love– in addition to writing this blog.

Please feel free to browse the archives or drop me an email and say hello.

See you next week!

~ Antique Mommy

1. Jenny says:

It sounds like you’re working on some neat things. I hope that you’re able to accomplish a lot, and that you enjoy yourself while doing it! Have a great week!!

September 17th, 2007 at 12:47 pm

2. Donna W says:

Well, OK. I’ll let you take a break. But only if you promise to let us get a glimpse of the creative things you’ll be doing.

September 17th, 2007 at 12:57 pm

3. Beck says:

Writing AND illustrating a children’s book – wow! Have fun on your break!

September 17th, 2007 at 12:58 pm

4. wordgirl says:

I need to do what you’re doing. Hope you get a lot done.

September 17th, 2007 at 1:08 pm

5. Amy says:

Good luck! We’ll be anxiously awaiting your return :)

September 17th, 2007 at 1:23 pm

6. Paula says:

You are doing all the things I dream of doing myself. Instead, here I am, writing this comment.

Mea culpa, mea culpa.

September 17th, 2007 at 2:01 pm

7. Blog Antagonist says:

What a great project. Can’t wait to see it in print!

September 17th, 2007 at 2:27 pm

8. Kacey says:

You know we will wait, because your writing is so much fun and free, too! When the book is ready to be published—let us know and we’ll line up for a book signing.

September 17th, 2007 at 2:53 pm

9. Elaine says:

Those sound like wonderful projects! I’m so jealous of all that free time; and I completely understand your need to break.

September 17th, 2007 at 2:53 pm

10. My Buddy Mimi says:

I love your family stories, so I’m sure the memoir will be fantastic.

September 17th, 2007 at 3:07 pm

11. Goslyn says:

Ah! Enjoy your time in your studio. How I wish I could get back to mine.

Cheers!

September 17th, 2007 at 3:52 pm

12. Sarah S. says:

You make my goal of getting the bedrooms vacuumed seem a little lame.

As a mother and educator, I am ALL ABOUT the children’s book scene — and we SO NEED quality ones out there. We don’t need MORE out there, but quality — there’s never enough! I would love to find out all about it and what you’re writing about and I had no idea you could illustrate, as well — I’m fascinated, for real! Can’t wait!

September 17th, 2007 at 4:58 pm

13. Julie says:

I wish I had a studio to get back to. Have fun and keep us posted. (Pun intended) : )

September 17th, 2007 at 8:26 pm

14. where the boys are says:

Looking forward to your “projects”. Have a great week!

September 17th, 2007 at 8:27 pm

15. just like that says:

Please let us know when you get it published. If its anything like your blog, I want a copy for my library. :-D

September 18th, 2007 at 4:16 am

Ooh, to take up painting again! Add that to my dream list of “projects I can tackle when the little one is in school, if hubby doesn’t make me go get a paying job”.

September 18th, 2007 at 7:37 am

17. Sally says:

You are so very creative in so many ways and I am happy you share with us. I will be here when you get back. Enjoy your time!!

September 18th, 2007 at 8:17 am

You go girl! Your talents amaze me, as well as your energy. Enjoy your blogging break!

September 18th, 2007 at 9:26 am

19. Laural says:

I can’t wait to read your books!

September 18th, 2007 at 4:50 pm

20. Jolyn says:

I just came across your site for the first time and cannot express to you how much I enjoy your writing: your GH article; your short story on the sidebar…
      I will probably lurk here from time to time, and I also will await your children’s book with much anticipation!

September 19th, 2007 at 12:35 am

21. Overwhelmed With Joy! says:

Oooh, I want to hear more about the Children’s book you’re writing and illustrating! I might want to buy it when it gets published. :)

September 19th, 2007 at 11:06 am

22. DodiM says:

Hello Antique Mommy,
      I found your blog when I was following a string of blogs the other evening. I am so very happy to have found it – and have truly enjoyed going through your older posts. I can’t wait to have time to read more. Your posts are wonderful – laughter and tears. I wish I was a eloquent as you… your blog is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your stories.

I’ll be back often! DodiM

September 19th, 2007 at 3:08 pm

23. Jenny says:

I found you through another blogger friend… what a breath of fresh air you are! Your past few posts made me laugh out loud… I needed a little of that today. I hope you enjoy your week off… I’ll be sure to check back soon!

September 19th, 2007 at 7:20 pm

24. MotherPie says:

I took my first blog break in August. It was great but I soon returned. Enjoy your time off.

September 20th, 2007 at 8:06 am

25. Carola says:

Enjoy!!

September 20th, 2007 at 2:12 pm

26. Nett says:

No, no break! I boycott the break.
      Seriously, I wish you abundant creative flow! I’ll miss you.

September 20th, 2007 at 8:27 pm

27. Lisa says:

I know envy is a bad thing, but heck, I SO envy you right now! I’m stuck at home after having a hysterectomy two weeks ago, and I’m not even allowed to do laundry or vacuum. In a small house with 6 people and two large dogs, it can be extremely frustrating to be home all day and not be allowed to touch the vacuum. Really. Tomorrow’s the first day I’m allowed to drive, and joy of joys, I get to go to the dentist.

But what I think I really envy is your ability to focus on your creative side. When my kids were little, all I wanted to do was write and illustrate a children’s book (I even belonged to the Institute of Children’s Literature). But alas, I did not have the focus that you seem to have. Creativity seems to just flow out of you…it really is a gift! I wish you the best of luck, although I doubt you will need it!

September 23rd, 2007 at 8:20 pm