• Something Went Horribly Awry In Order Processing

December 26, 2007

This evening, Sean put in a call to Aunt Jean to wish her a Merry Christmas.  I didn’t hear her side of the conversation, but I did hear this expressed in a rather derisive tone:

“Well, I got a pirate boat and a scooter, but I didn’t get the whistle that I ordered.”

Just now, I am making a mental note to flog fire whomever processed his order.

1. Lysa TerKeurst says:

That is hilarious. Something went awry in our order processing as well. As a result we’ll be going to Santa’s return department at Target tomorrow to switch out the Hannah Montana dolls for a Polly Pockets Game Boy game where the turtles don’t die— or something like that. Hannah and Polly sound kinda alike you know- Hmmfff!
      Still smiling and wondering just how many of my brain cells died during Christmas.
      Blessings,
      Lysa TerKeurst

December 26th, 2007 at 11:05 pm

2. AB says:

Wait…wait…wait…is this whistle bigger than a scooter or a pirate boat? ‘Cause I’m thinking it must be the kind that only dogs (or pirates) can hear since it ranks right up there with two things I’d consider to be WAAAAYYY more fun. But that’s just me.

December 26th, 2007 at 11:07 pm

AB, I know. I couldn’t believe my ears. Later I said, “But Sean, I have a whistle and you can play with it any time.” And he said, “I know, but I wanted a whistle from Santa.” I then said, “Well then, maybe you should have been a better boy.” No. I didn’t really say that because it would be wrong to screw with a 4YO like that.

December 26th, 2007 at 11:08 pm

4. jen says:

Well they should be fired….LOL. He is so stinkin cute.

December 26th, 2007 at 11:13 pm

5. Kathy says:

My son is just turning two, and I bribed him with a small piece of chocolate on Christmas Eve to get his hair washed. It was enough to get him to dump water over his own head! So when it was time to get in bed, he said “Maybe another piece chocolate?” I told him no, it was all gone, but maybe Santa would bring him some. He got a thoughtful look on his face and said “Santa Claus! Where a-a-a-re you?” I told him that Santa was in his sleigh with the reindeer, flying in the sky. He pointed at the ceiling and ORDERED “Santa Claus! Come down here! Reindeer! Come down here!”

Luckily Mommy doesn’t need to be fired. Chocolate was delivered.

December 26th, 2007 at 11:50 pm

6. Teah says:

Hahaha…too funny!

December 27th, 2007 at 1:00 am

7. feefifoto says:

You are SOOOO funny! My soon-to-be eight year old daughter composed an exhaustive list of birthday requests for her grandparents, including a cell phone, a laptop and a digital camera.

December 27th, 2007 at 1:02 am

8. chaotic joy says:

That is so funny. On Christmas Eve my 3 yr old said he wanted “tree tings for Christmas”. When he listed what they were, the third thing was a bunny. I told him he never mentioned a bunny to Santa so it probably wasn’t on it’s way. He looked at me deadpan and said “Well we need to go back to the mall so we can tell him.”

We didn’t. No bunny, live, stuffed or otherwise appeared under our tree.

December 27th, 2007 at 1:04 am

9. JCK says:

It’s always the smaller things that are the most important. No. It is always the thing revealed after the fact that are the most important. No. It is anything that they want that is the most important. Yeah. That’s it.

Too funny on the whistle! I’m sure it was a train whistle, right?

December 27th, 2007 at 3:26 am

10. Jim says:

And Ohhh how they remember !!

December 27th, 2007 at 4:18 am

11. Lisa says:

Uhmm…having raised two boys…I’d give them a raise!

December 27th, 2007 at 7:48 am

12. Cheryl says:

I LOVE SEAN!!! Seriously, that kid cracks me up! I miss having 4-year-old boys in my house. Mine are 11 and 18…and not nearly as entertaining as when they were 4! They are interesting, but not as amusing…if you know what I mean! Thanks for taking me right back to all of those funny conversations I had with my boys when they were little.

December 27th, 2007 at 11:03 am

13. rosheeda says:

THAT is hilarious. Seriously.

December 27th, 2007 at 4:44 pm

14. Cathy says:

…and you couldn’t even blame it on Santa! That old man has his uses! Lord knows we’ve blamed some of the most outragous Christmas Eve blunders on him over the years! These sentences usually begin, “looks like Santa forgot…”

December 28th, 2007 at 1:06 am

15. Sally says:

I love these Santa stories about Sean. My girls are teenagers now, so they don’t say those funny Santa things anymore. Christmas is so much fun with little ones!!!

December 28th, 2007 at 5:24 pm

16. Steff (http://okierivermama.livejournal.com/) says:

Somehow in planning the drive and loading my sleigh…i mean blazer I managed to forget 2 packages and the stockings…heaven forbid the stockings…so tonight when we finally got home from our 9 day adventure at Nana;s they each had a gift and a sucker in their stockings(i had forgotten those too). They think santa came here too. Whatever it appeased them while i unloaded all their booty from my car. Now it will only take a month to put it all away.

December 28th, 2007 at 10:46 pm

17. Therese says:

In the case of a whistle, you may either want to promote or kiss that person.

December 31st, 2007 at 1:30 pm