• Still

December 29, 2007

MotherPie asked me what I was still doing around here. So here goes:

Still amazed: at the miracle that is my little boy, how delightful and funny and bright he is, that God saw fit to make ME?! his mother.

Still getting used to: a post mid-40s face (and backside)

Still loving: my iPod

Still proud of:  graduating summa cum laude with a degree in art and theater which I completed at 38.7-years-old proving that endurance trumps brains.

Still not proud of: past relationships left in need of repair.

Still hoping: to go back and complete a masters degree, to get published, to lose 7 pounds.

Still worried: about the condition of humanity, the cultural direction of our country.

Still never going to: wear mom jeans or a t-shirt with Sean’s picture on the front, still never going to have a tattoo.

Still pretending: that I’ll get in great shape again.

Still reading: Your blog!

Still wanting to read: a real book, from front to end, in one sitting without interruption.

Still interested in: studio arts and interior design

Still not interested in: Britney Spears or anyone living in Hollywood

Still looking forward to: hiking in Yosemite with Antique Daddy and Sean.

Still not looking forward to: my yearly colonoscopy.

Still failing: to work up any interest in our family finances…..zzzzzzz

Still grateful for: every single day of life.

Still praying: to get to see my little boy grow up and be happily married with a family of his own.

Still not believing in: diets of any kind.

Still believing in: Jesus

What are YOU still doing?

Be still and know that I am God ~ Psalm 46:10

1. jen says:

I enjoyed this. Very honest. Can you believe it is almost 2008???????

December 29th, 2007 at 10:19 am

2. Donna W says:

Ah. It’s a good list.

December 29th, 2007 at 10:40 am

3. Neighbor Jane Payne says:

This was really good AM. I hope you’re published too as you have such a gift.

December 29th, 2007 at 10:57 am

4. Sue says:

Still failing to keep any of my New Year’s Resolutions but making them anyway.

Still hating my dog.

December 29th, 2007 at 11:15 am

5. Clemntine says:

Still trying to invent the self-cleaning kitchen.

You’re welcome.

December 29th, 2007 at 11:34 am

6. Ortizzle says:

Still wandering around reading blogs this morning when I should be doing a bizillion other things in the house. But there are times when it is so worth it.

December 29th, 2007 at 12:01 pm

7. MotherPie says:

Well, I completed my master’s at 50 and loved school now much more than I did at undergraduate level. So be inspired to go for that master’s. A mini is the Mini Cooper auto. As soon as I could sling off that family car, that is what I sunk into.

I, too, am still amazed at the miracle of my wee/big ones.

Still reading you, still. Cheers.

December 29th, 2007 at 12:13 pm

8. Julie says:

Still trying to figure out why time goes by so much faster the older I get!

December 29th, 2007 at 1:51 pm

9. Beck says:

Sadly, no matter how much I don’t believe in diets, it’s looking like I’m going to have to at least FAKE it, come January.
      Bah.

December 29th, 2007 at 2:48 pm

10. Amy says:

Still enjoying checking your blog to see the wonderful ways you’ve strung words together today. Even if it is a re-run. If it’s a good show or book, I don’t mind seeing it/reading it more than once. 🙂

December 29th, 2007 at 3:47 pm

11. HeatherHere says:

A good list AM, I’ve enjoyed reading your blog.

December 29th, 2007 at 5:08 pm

12. Glenna says:

Still glad that true friends are forever and they love me “warts” and all.
      Still check your blog when I think to open the computer.
      Still marvel at how God uses us in so many ways.
      Still glad to be blessed by our friendship.

December 29th, 2007 at 7:38 pm

13. Pearl says:

Still… me too. 🙂

God bless~ Pearl

December 29th, 2007 at 8:25 pm

14. Kimmie says:

I love how you ended your list with Jesus…and the be still and know that I am God.

I love Jesus and that verse.

we are still waiting on an adoption to Guatemala…hoping that 2008 brings us a few more children sent by His hand.

Kimmie
      mama to 6
      one homemade and 5 adopted
      *we’d love for you to stop by 😉

December 29th, 2007 at 9:38 pm

15. Missy says:

Lovely post. Thoughtful and thought-provoking.

December 30th, 2007 at 3:36 am

16. jen elslager says:

Excellent. Looking forward to more of your posting in 2008.

Happy New Year to the House of Antique!

December 30th, 2007 at 3:51 am

17. Sally says:

Wonderful post!!

December 30th, 2007 at 10:39 am

18. jen says:

Mine is up…come see me.

December 30th, 2007 at 10:43 am

19. bonniebeth says:

Good inventory for all of us.

Still grateful for my wonderful husband.

Still believing my children can do great things for the Lord even though one is in prison and the other has just finished six months of drug rehab.

Still hesitant to start my own blog.

Still happy to wake up every morning.

Still feel like I am 15 years old.

Still love to curl up with a good book.

December 30th, 2007 at 10:51 am

20. Praise and Coffee says:

So, no tattoo OF Sean? Have you seen those?! I saw a huge body builder looking guy with a tattoo of his infant son on his arm. Glad he loves his son, but not for me thanks!

Still wishing I didn’t love chocolate so much is all I can come up with as I eat yet another Lindt truffle.

Happy New Year!

December 30th, 2007 at 3:13 pm

21. Praise and Coffee says:

AM,
      You’ve got to check out my blog and see what I woke up to this morning. When I saw it, I wished that YOU had woken up to it because you would have such a great story to tell.
      I did my best, but would have loved to hear what you could have said about it!
      🙂

Happy New Year!!

December 31st, 2007 at 6:39 am

22. Laura says:

Still doing laundry.
      Still spending more time in my car than I want.
      Still loving my family more every day.
      Still falling in love with my Jesus…
      Thanks for the post!

January 1st, 2008 at 10:10 pm

23. Lisa Kay says:

What a great list!

I posted my “still” list at my blog.

Thanks for sharing!

January 2nd, 2008 at 10:35 am

Still saying: I hope to be a lot like you when I grow up. “Still getting used to: a post mid-40s face (and backside)” Girl, I can only HOPE to look as good as you in the not to distant future.

Love this list, AM. It made me smile a time or 20.

January 2nd, 2008 at 1:11 pm

25. Jodie says:

This is a great list! I went ahead and posted a “still” list on my blog too.

Still loving good quotes on my walls.

Still loving the flavor of chocolate and mint together.

Still not eating beets or organ meats.

Still grossed out by even saying organ meats.

Still wanting to make use of the jogging stroller I just got from my sister-in-law, and maybe even run a race or 2 before the year’s out.

Still loving your blog and your way with words. You’re so funny you could be published.

January 2nd, 2008 at 4:26 pm

26. Quirky says:

Love your list, and must say that I still love reading your thoughts and experiences. I’m a little late, but I just did my Still list too.

January 3rd, 2008 at 12:55 pm

27. Permission to Steal « Rediscovery says:

[…] have any New Year’s resolutions to ignore, I would post this too. I will continue Motherpie, Antique Mommy, and Quirky’s chain of […]

January 3rd, 2008 at 3:27 pm