• Ask And You Shall Receive

March 7, 2008

Monday night we got a dusting of snow which was all but gone by Tuesday morning.  I lamented that it sure would be nice to get at least enough to make a snowman or a snow angel.  Ask and you shall receive indeed.  Thursday afternoon big fat fluffy flakes were falling like feathers from the heavens.

The exuberance at the House of Antique has been off the charts today.

This funny little face caused my heart to burst right out of my chest today.  And then he picked it up out of the snow and put it in his pocket.

1. Hanlie says:

I can see how your heart could just burst out of your chest!

March 7th, 2008 at 6:29 am

Trying to look at snow from my daughter’s viewpoint helps me get through a New England winter!

That boy of yours has got one awesome smile.

March 7th, 2008 at 6:35 am

3. jeanne a says:

What a lot of snow for Texas!!!!

What I would like about it is that you know it’s going to melt soon. And not stick around for the next four months!!!!

March 7th, 2008 at 7:18 am

4. Tammy/Photography for Fun says:

He is so obviously having such a grand time!!! I love that first photo (and all of them), but his exuberance radiates in that first one. I love your blog!

March 7th, 2008 at 8:11 am

5. Jenny says:

What a cutie! I’m so glad that you got enough snow for Sean to enjoy. I would gladly have shared some of ours this winter! We had snow again last night and I’m hoping it will be the last of it until next winter. C’mon, Spring!!

March 7th, 2008 at 8:20 am

6. Beth_C says:

Glad you got your snow! And Sean looks so happy in that last picture!

March 7th, 2008 at 8:49 am

7. Amy Nathan says:

You are welcome here anytime to partake of our record-breaking 52 inches of snow so far this year. Yeah uh huh. Hot sticky and humid sounds delicious to me.

March 7th, 2008 at 9:07 am

8. Kilikina says:

Long time reader, not frequent commenter.

I love the pictures. He is so handsome, and the snow looks very fun!

March 7th, 2008 at 9:26 am

9. CircusKelli says:

Very, very cool.

I LOVE that smile. 🙂

March 7th, 2008 at 9:30 am

10. Yvonne says:

Had I known that a little snow would put such a beautiful smile on that little guys face, I would have sent some your way a long time ago!

March 7th, 2008 at 9:33 am

11. An Iowa Mom says:

I am soooo jealous.

Not of your snow, but your lack of. Here in Iowa we’ve gotten over 60 inches so far this winter. I say SO FAR because we are forecasted to get even more.

I would move, but then I’d have to change the title of my blog and I just don’t have time to do all that.

🙂

March 7th, 2008 at 10:24 am

I love his smile. That is what being a kid is all about!

(It’s snowing here right now. I just want it to be Spring. Sigh. Perhaps you should send Sean up here so that I can see the joy of cold weather now.)

March 7th, 2008 at 10:27 am

13. Kai says:

I wish I was at the age where snow was still fun and not an annoyance! It’s hard to make snow angels in NYC.

I’m glad Sean is having a great time in his snow!

March 7th, 2008 at 10:30 am

14. Linda says:

And you live where?? LOL! What beautiful pictures of a beautiful little boy! Put a smile on my face this morning!

March 7th, 2008 at 10:47 am

15. Linda says:

For me who has no blog (I hope you do not mind a reader without a blog) and no small children (my son is 25 and will be 26 in May), I just love reading your blog. You either have me laughing like crazy or crying!

March 7th, 2008 at 10:53 am

16. Linda says:

OK…there is a middle with just my heart being touched and a smile.

March 7th, 2008 at 10:53 am

17. imagine community says:

Great photos! We haven’t had enough snow here in NYC this year for my boy to play in. What can I say … I still love it.

March 7th, 2008 at 11:27 am

18. Deanna says:

What a great memory he’ll have! I’ve always remembered when we got a spattering of snow in the Los Angeles area when I was a kid. It didn’t hit the ground, but the top of our tall pine tree in the front yard had white flakes on the very top!

March 7th, 2008 at 11:29 am

19. Alison says:

Lucky boy! We live in D/FW too but we only got a tiny bit and it has already melted. My daughter was excited to touch the chunk of ice that fell off her dad’s truck. She didn’t know what she was missing!

March 7th, 2008 at 11:41 am

20. Kelly @ Love Well says:

Looks like there’s enough snow there for a lot of snowballs. Did you get ambushed again?

March 7th, 2008 at 11:56 am

21. momhuebert says:

A very small snowman, but a snowman indeed!

March 7th, 2008 at 12:10 pm

22. Missy says:

When I heard on the news you all were getting snow I thought of you and hoped there would be enough for a snow man! Yahoo! These pictures are precious!

March 7th, 2008 at 12:36 pm

23. jenni says:

What was your heart doing in your chest to begin with? Strange place for a mother to keep it…

;o)

March 7th, 2008 at 1:44 pm

24. Sally says:

As always, your son is just precious. I sure wish I loved the snow as much as he does, but unfortunately, I don’t. I supposes it might be different if snow was such a rarity as it is in your area. We are in the middle of a winter storm warning all day today, tonight and tomorrow-expecting around 14 inches by the time it is finished. That’s Ohio for you!!

March 7th, 2008 at 2:51 pm

25. Starnes Friend says:

Even though both boys see snow EVERY year…they still get that look of pure joy for the first snow of the season. Just like that wonderful smile on Sean’s face!

March 7th, 2008 at 2:54 pm

26. Sally says:

I forgot to mention that on Monday of this week we had temperatures in the 60’s and it felt like spring. By the very nexy day, Tuesday, we had freezing rain and the trees and everything were coated in ice. Thursday the temps rose into the 40s’ and all the ice melted, but today (Friday) we are getting all this snow dumped on us….changeable weather is typical in Ohio….

March 7th, 2008 at 2:57 pm

27. rahraht says:

My cousin’s wife grew up in GA. and used to think snow was a fairytale/myth. When she came out west for the first time, we took her up to the Mt. so she could see that snow really existed. Glad Sean had this opportunity to “believe”.

March 7th, 2008 at 3:43 pm

28. Kacey says:

He is beautiful and looks so much like you. Every new thing brings out a twinkle in his eyes and clutches at your heart. With him around … you will never need CPR… he will do it with a few of his smiles.

March 7th, 2008 at 4:09 pm

29. Fresh Girl says:

We’re getting some of that same stuff right this minute — our first snow fall of the year! And Lord willing, our last. 😉 Glad you and Sean had such fun together!

Drop by the party at my place if you get a chance. 🙂

March 7th, 2008 at 5:11 pm

30. jean says:

His face is beautiful. What more can be said?

March 7th, 2008 at 5:53 pm

31. Heidi says:

For sweet! After watching the Hotel Boat video, I can just hear his adorable little voice exclaiming over and over, just waiting to be helped into his snow clothes.

March 7th, 2008 at 7:31 pm

32. BecomingMe says:

Dear Antique Mommy:

I’m glad you had a fun snowfall. Sean looks like he’s having a blast.

I’m commenting, however to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. In fact you are one of the three bloggers whose blogs inspired me to start my own. Thank you for sharing your journal! It touches many lives, mine included.

Angela

March 7th, 2008 at 8:45 pm

33. AB says:

Because we get so little of the white stuff, I recognize the rare joy that snow brings to a kid’s face.

March 7th, 2008 at 11:09 pm

34. bee says:

Though I’m not jealous of the snow at all, that little smile is just precious!

March 8th, 2008 at 12:02 am

35. Mamacita says:

I’m so happy for Sean! Send some snow our way, if you don’t mind!

March 8th, 2008 at 12:35 am

36. Julie says:

What is it like to have a child that looks so much like you? I have two and except for their skin tone, you would never even know we are related.

Looks like so much fun. My daughter is dying for snow.

March 8th, 2008 at 11:07 am

37. Fraulein says:

Oh MAN he’s cute! Good God!

March 10th, 2008 at 12:01 pm