• Another Antique Mommy Artsy Fartsy Photo

June 2, 2008

Here’s a detail from a photo I took recently.  Tomorrow I’ll post the complete photo.

1. diXymiss says:

Groovy piX! I think I’ve got this one figured out, but will keep my mouth firmly clamped shut (for a change).

June 2nd, 2008 at 2:03 pm

2. Julie at Elisharose says:

How very Georgia O’Keeffe of you.

June 2nd, 2008 at 2:10 pm

3. Becoming Me says:

Oh I know what it is, it’s a camel right? I’m not nearly as funny as I try so hard to be. 🙂 I love photos of hands, especially the contrast of parent and child. Lovely photo and I cannot wait to see the whole thing.

June 2nd, 2008 at 3:00 pm

4. chilihead says:

Do you watch Everybody Loves Raymond? There was an episode where Marie tried her hand at sculpture. This reminds me of that.

June 2nd, 2008 at 3:04 pm

5. jean says:

I second Lamont and Chilihead. I’m sending myself to my room now.

June 2nd, 2008 at 3:40 pm

6. Sarah T says:

Uhm…I know what it is (or rather, how it was achieved), but I’ll keep my mouth shut. 🙂

June 2nd, 2008 at 6:30 pm

7. Grafted Branch@Restoring the Years says:

Yes…Georgia O’Keefe…what a delicate way to put it! And the Raymond episode too! ROFLOL.

I also figured out how you achieved the effect, but will leave other to reflect on it themselves without help from me.

June 2nd, 2008 at 6:37 pm

8. Karen says:

Childhead, I thought of that too, and then i worried there must be something wrong with me. Backing out now.

June 2nd, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Wow. I didn’t see that episode of Raymond, but I’m getting the feeling that y’all are seeing something in this that I am definitely not. I’m really surprised.

June 2nd, 2008 at 8:03 pm

10. Becca says:

I will say O’Keefe as well but I was always too young and naive to get any sexual references in her work. I just loved (and still do) the dreamy colors and lines. So, in some strange way, this does remind me of her work. Such a beautiful picture, AM.

June 5th, 2008 at 11:17 pm