• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • Dragonfly

August 7, 2008

1. Photochick says:

Wow! Impressive – I can never catch those creatures! Kinda like hummingbirds in that they’re so fast, but at least with the birds, they seem to sit still when they’re at the feeder!

You did a wonderful job of capturing this colorful insect of summer!

xoxo
      Amanda

August 7th, 2008 at 7:56 am

2. BeingParents says:

Great picture. Nature is amazing !

August 7th, 2008 at 8:23 am

3. CircusKelli says:

Neat!

August 7th, 2008 at 8:24 am

4. Kelly says:

Another great shot. Now I just need to move where there is actual wildlife and I might be able to learn how to do that. Sigh.

August 7th, 2008 at 9:51 am

I think what I like best about this photo is the shadow of the dragonfly.

August 7th, 2008 at 10:21 am

6. La says:

I would love to know what kind of camera you use. The pictures you post are always so beautiful and clear and just dang good! My camera is on the blink (or it could be me) and I am in the market for a new one.

August 7th, 2008 at 10:38 am

7. Vern says:

You take awesome pictures…great blog too!

August 7th, 2008 at 10:40 am

8. Lisa @ put-it-on-the-list says:

Beautiful shot, AM! You must spend much less time fumbling the camera around than I do. Sigh.

August 7th, 2008 at 11:11 am

9. Kathy says:

You did a nice job framing this one too. The juxtaposition between the upper left flowery background and the lower right unfinished wood is really pretty. It also shows off different aspects of the dragonfly; against the flowers, you can see the veining of the insect’s wings, and they take on a golden cast. The wood background really makes the colors on its body stand out. I like the shadows too. This picture would work as wall art.

I think the secret to taking good pictures is to always have a camera ready to go, and to take a million shots so that you stand a decent chance of getting some good ones in there.

August 7th, 2008 at 11:38 am

10. Karen {simply a musing blog} says:

Wow. Great shot! I’m not a technical person, so I don’t know all the “photo lingo”…but I like it anyway. :)

(ps. Don’t let Michelle from Scribbit see it – she’s terrified of Dragonflies!) :)

August 7th, 2008 at 1:12 pm

11. Krista says:

Funny I was just editing some pictures last night and came across some old ones of a dragonfly. They are such fascinating creatures!

August 7th, 2008 at 5:14 pm

12. Jim says:

Hmmmmmm…..wonder where they got the name Dragonfly?

August 7th, 2008 at 5:40 pm

13. Beck says:

Very pretty! And I also think its French name – libellule – is lovely, too.

August 7th, 2008 at 7:17 pm

14. Baker Watson says:

Good capture. I’m with Kathy, I like he varied background. So many dragonfly/damselfly photo’s are just of the creature itself. While this is good for admiring the detail of the dragonfly, it sometimes lets us forget they are a part of our real world surroundings. I try to get some decent close-up detailed photo’s, but I also like to try to get some that show some personality when I can.

Good job.