• Thoughtful

August 8, 2008

Photos Temporarily Unavailable

Here’s a photo I took of Sean recently that I fussed with in PhotoShop this week while I wasn’t doing the other things I was supposed to be doing.

Here’s the original photo.

1. Pat says:

No, don’t feel bad about not doing what you were “supposed to.” This is what you were supposed to be doing. Beautiful photo.

August 8th, 2008 at 9:23 am

2. k&c's mom says:

Do you have a background in photography? These have really been amazing pictures. Would you mind replying here as to what kind of camera you have? You have an excellent eye for pictures.

August 8th, 2008 at 9:34 am

Earlier in the year, after much research and hand-wringing on spending the money, I splurged on a Nikon D80. It’s a fabulous camera and worth every penny. I love it. However, I also have a couple of small purse-sized digital cameras that I carry around, and frankly, for my skill level, for the most part, they take just as good pictures – for the most part. It is my goal to learn how the camera works, to really understand it and use it purposefully, where as now I just “point and shoot”.

My philosophy is that good pictures have more to do with the photographer than the camera. Composition is everything.

August 8th, 2008 at 9:39 am

4. Jill says:

How sweet!

August 8th, 2008 at 9:59 am

5. Kelly says:

I love this photo; the thoughtful, far away look. Great job, Mom!

August 8th, 2008 at 10:01 am

6. PastormacsAnn says:

Time well spent apparently.

Nice effect. Almost looks a bit like newsprint now.

August 8th, 2008 at 10:16 am

7. Dawn @ My Home Sweet Home says:

I didn’t know you were using a D80. That’s what I bought earlier this year, too!

August 8th, 2008 at 10:31 am

8. Lisa @ put-it-on-the-list says:

As a mom with teenage boys, I can almost smell your sweet little boy. Thanks for the memories… and hug him lots while he’s still smaller than you!

August 8th, 2008 at 10:43 am

9. Jodie says:

This is beautiful.
      I love your last comment from Lisa (putitonthelist). Makes me want to hug my little people too, “while they’re still smaller than me”.

August 8th, 2008 at 12:05 pm

10. zoom says:

He is precious. A true gift from God. Thanks for letting us know about the camera. I am looking for one…

August 8th, 2008 at 3:28 pm

11. Faerylandmom says:

I need to learn photoshop. Instead of doing things I should be doing. 🙂

August 9th, 2008 at 1:26 am

12. JanMary, N Ireland says:

I love to “mess around” with photoshop. I have a Canon rebel xti and photoshop elements 4.

So true – it is the composition and eye for the opportunity that makes the great photos.

August 9th, 2008 at 5:37 am

13. Elizabeth says:

It must be wonderful to have photoshop to mess around with…sigh.

August 9th, 2008 at 11:18 am

14. rrmama says:

Love it! Great picture.

August 9th, 2008 at 3:00 pm

15. trish says:

I actually like the “fussed with” picture better for your title. I like how his eye shows up more with his face lightened. Having that contrast makes the picture better. Having that original photo with all the details to work with in the first place is bonus. Composition is everything and you have a good eye.

August 10th, 2008 at 10:24 am

16. Sue says:

I’m the rare one, but I like the original photo– it shows his sweet, child-fresh complexion.

August 11th, 2008 at 1:15 am

17. Mightymom says:

wonderful photograph!

good looking boy you got there!

August 11th, 2008 at 1:44 am

18. Krista says:

I love my Nikon, but it’s only a D-50 and more and more I hear people saying it’s not so good. 🙁 Someday…
      What did you do with this picture if you can tell me in general steps? I’m curious, and I love photoshop!
      Oh, and I gave you an award!

August 17th, 2008 at 3:06 pm

19. Kathy says:

Dear AM,
      I think you are awesome to take a glorious photo of your precious boy and re-invent it in Photoshop. I like the PS version but adore the original. I have a similar photo of my son about that same age. I just want to kiss on that jaw and neck. 🙂 Pure sugar!

August 17th, 2008 at 10:16 pm