• Jocund Company

February 15, 2009

Photobucket

And then my heart with pleasure fills, And dances with the daffodils.

~William Wordsworth

1. everydayMOM says:

Those are beautiful! Tell us more about the photo! It’s snowing here in Chicago so I can’t imagine if those are blooming near you!

***
      My back yard is a’bloom in daffodils, white and yellow, and even the crocus are coming up. Makes my eyes dance! My mother plants about 50-100 bulbs every year because she knows how to plant things in such a way to make them grow, whereas I do not.

I like to send Sean outside with a pair of scissors and tell him to clip 5 or 6 daffodils and have him put them in a vase. He takes great care with this task. He feels like he has been given an important job! Tremendous fun. ~ AM

February 15th, 2009 at 9:02 am

2. Shoe says:

Daffoldils! I love them all. Flowers. Spring. In Illinois they say we are to get 7-8 inches of snow in mid week. Hope they are wrong. They were about the last storm. I love flowers!

February 15th, 2009 at 10:44 am

3. HarryJacksMom says:

Ah, ours are still to be seen, tho the little green leaf heads are poking thru the ground. Those are beautiful – tell Sean his job was even more important this time because he brought such sunshine to all of us 🙂

My beloved gramma loved this little poem, and I can’t see a daffodil without a whole lotta loving memories: it isn’t raining rain to me, it’s raining daffodils, and every dimpled drop I see, wild flowers on the hill (I found a link and there are more words by Robert Loveman, funny she didn’t say the roses verse despite loving them) Thank you for the rush of memories – Happy Valentine’s!

February 15th, 2009 at 11:03 am

Daffodils are my favorite. . .all kinds of memories bound up in them from childhood. . .sounds like Sean and I will have something in common. 🙂

February 15th, 2009 at 11:33 am

5. JanMary, N Ireland says:

Filling me with thoughts of spring! Here just snowdrops so far.

February 15th, 2009 at 1:54 pm

6. Amy says:

As a former high school English teacher, you have spoken my language with the poetry of Wordsworth.
      And the pic – glorious!
      Come soon spring.
      Amy

February 15th, 2009 at 3:38 pm

7. Sarah says:

Those are beautiful! I love this celebration of daffodils.

February 15th, 2009 at 6:53 pm

8. Beverlydru says:

Ahhh… you are definitely talking my language. Dancing with the Daffodils… that’s me. : )

February 15th, 2009 at 7:01 pm

9. Jenn @ Casa de Castro says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Our great God has such a wonderful imagination. The designs and colors He used in creating flowers still blows my mind.

Great photo.

February 16th, 2009 at 1:00 pm

10. Keary Naughton says:

I love daffodils. We went to ireland and england years ago at Easter time. Daffodils and little baby lambs everywhere. So beautiful….

February 16th, 2009 at 2:32 pm

11. diXymiss says:

Gorgeous! Looking forward with great anticipation to the arrival of jocund beauties in our yard ~ probably neXt month sometime…

February 16th, 2009 at 5:50 pm

12. Meg @ Spicy Magnolia says:

My daffodils are blooming as well!! I can’t believe it; they sprout earlier and earlier this year. I love your photo. 🙂

February 16th, 2009 at 6:12 pm