• Just Dandy

March 8, 2009

Photobucket

Spring has sprung in these parts, so Sean and I were out and about today to see what we could see.  Within walking distance of our house we saw cows, chickens, horses, various and assorted dogs, turtles, ducks and all kinds of beautiful blooming things coming back to life.   I may post a photo diary of our little expedition later in the week.

This is your run of the mill dandelion. I photographed it at close range, cropped it even closer and then played with the liquify feature in Photoshop to mix and marbleize the background.   On top of that I used some free Photoshop brushes to add the little sparkles around the perimeter.

Super simple and tremendous fun.

1. Jenny says:

I loooove your photos. More, please!

March 8th, 2009 at 11:39 pm

2. Diane Jennings says:

Ooh….purty! :o)

March 9th, 2009 at 12:52 am

3. Meg @ Spicy Magnolia says:

That’s really cool! You’re making me want to get photoshop. 🙂

March 9th, 2009 at 2:13 am

4. Kathy Vaughan says:

Envy is rearing it’s ugly head! Here in Bend, OR, we have had blustery snow and hail today, and it’s supposed to be 14 degrees tonight, and not be above freezing till Tuesday, when it may hit 40 degrees. We are still a ways from spring, and I am SO READY for it! In spite of my envy, I am glad you got to enjoy a wonderful spring day with Sean!

* * * *
      I will envy you in a few months when everything here is burnt to a crisp and we can’t go outside because it’s 102. Our daffodils are already spent – winter is short here but so is spring. I love Oregon.

March 9th, 2009 at 2:21 am

5. mama speak says:

I think you cropped Tink right out of the photo. 😉

March 9th, 2009 at 3:52 am

6. JanMary, N Ireland says:

Lovely pic – I have not had any great success photographing dandelions – must try harder!

March 9th, 2009 at 4:40 am

7. Grace says:

What a delightful post in the midst of such sobering times…especially in light of today’s ceremony by the Administration at 11 a.m. Thank you for a reason to smile. God’s love shows in His creation.

March 9th, 2009 at 7:18 am

8. Beverlydru says:

Photoshop is so cool and I only know about 1/8 of what I can do with it. I need to go to a class. ; )

March 9th, 2009 at 8:04 am

9. Tracy says:

I want Photoshop. Sigh.

Love the dandelion – It makes me want to blow and watch the seeds float off. Though I guess I’d have to make a wish first.

I feel like I’m cheating on my blog with Photoshop because I love it so and I want to be with it more than the blog lately. ~AM

March 9th, 2009 at 8:52 am

10. Tom says:

That photo is magical. I love it!

It’s getting harder for me to see a dandelion without thinking about what they’re doing to my front lawn, though.

* * * *
      That’s how you know you’re getting old Tom – when you make a dandelion wish, it’s that they’d go away. ~AM

March 9th, 2009 at 9:01 am

11. Beck says:

That’s a beautiful picture, but I’m still gobsmacked that you have DANDELIONS. I have several feet of snow! Stupid confusing nature.

March 9th, 2009 at 9:15 am

12. rrmama says:

Can’t wait to see the photos! The boys picked every dadelions in the yard this week end. I loved watching them blow on them and then watching them fly into the air. Their laugh was the best part!

March 9th, 2009 at 9:31 am

13. Jenny-Jenny says:

The more I learn on photoshop, the more I want to learn. Great pic!

March 9th, 2009 at 9:37 am

14. Shoe says:

Spring has sprung in Illinois. We had tornadoic winds yesterday. I sent emails out last night to check on people and all were fine.
      Flowers are popping through the ground. Things are greening up.
      Nice dandaline!

March 9th, 2009 at 10:10 am

15. Shawna says:

BEAUTIFUL!

March 9th, 2009 at 10:18 am

16. Amy says:

Beautiful.

March 9th, 2009 at 12:40 pm

17. JULIE PRICE says:

What you can do with a photo of a dandelion is amazing!

March 9th, 2009 at 12:58 pm

18. Lysa TerKeurst says:

You are a total whiz with both your camera and photoshop! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Can’t wait to see you in Dallas soon. I’ll be connecting with you via e-mail with our flight info and other details, shmetails.

March 9th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

19. HarryJacksMom says:

Now, that is gorgeous! Does Sean like puzzles? You can load this on jigzone.com and let him loose…of course, you might also have some fun with it 😉

March 9th, 2009 at 8:00 pm

20. diXymiss says:

Cool! So, do you have PS Elements, or the full meal deal (CS4)? Just being snoopy…

March 9th, 2009 at 8:35 pm

21. dianne-bunny trails says:

so groovy!!

March 9th, 2009 at 8:52 pm

22. UPrinting Online Printing says:

I love how you cropped the Dandelion photo. It looks so pure. You did great on your photoshop editing by the way. Thanks for sharing your Dandelion shot.

March 9th, 2009 at 9:53 pm