• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • Photo Walk

March 9, 2009

Sean and I set off for a walk the other day, and this is a photo diary of what we saw along the way.

Photobucket

Just beyond our back yard is a walking path and a parcel of undeveloped property where a few of the trees are beginning to bloom.

Photobucket

Little boyfriend races big boyfriend to the cow pasture that lies just beyond the neighborhood.

Cows in the distance.

Cow up close.

Photobucket

The biggest dog on the block.   This picture was taken through a crack in the fence.

Photobucket

This is what we saw through a bigger crack in the fence.  Biggie gets a workout on the trampoline.

Photobucket

The prissiest dog on the block.

Photobucket

The friendliest dog on the block.

On to see the chickens!

Photobucket

Oh hey, a cricket. How rare and unusual.

Photobucket

No one here but us chickens.

Photobucket

The prettiest chicken on the block.

Photobucket

A tiny troll under the bridge.

Photobucket

More rare and unusual wild life.  Ducks

Dandelion

Photobucket

Some dirt that needs pokin’

On the way home.

A good day for a walk.

1. Pmom@ChocolateandGarlic.com says:

You inspire me! I’m taking my kids for a walk!

Thanks.

March 9th, 2009 at 3:38 pm

2. mythoughtsonthat says:

Oh! Your boy is wearing shorts! And no jacket! I can’t wait for those days here!

March 9th, 2009 at 4:26 pm

3. Rhonda says:

I love that Sean is wearing a hat. My 7 year old took to wearing a hat when he was about 4 and can usually be found with one on his head. He has quite the collection now. He wears it slightly crooked on his head, it’s like his trademark or something!

March 9th, 2009 at 4:31 pm

4. Jenn @ Casa de Castro says:

Next time you go for a walk, please invite me along!!

GREAT photos, AM. And great memories for Sean.

March 9th, 2009 at 5:47 pm

5. JanMary, N Ireland says:

Great photo walk – love seeing what it looks like in your bit of the world – and the local wildlife too!

March 9th, 2009 at 5:50 pm

6. Karla Germaine says:

I’m feeling jealous of the weather where you live. Today it was -19 C. here in Fernie, British Columbia. I’m wishing I was there and able to go on spring walks to view flowers in bloom.

March 9th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

7. Jim says:

A great “field trip”……and has certainly been the weather for it this week.
      Hold on to your jackets, it’s fixing to change here in Texas.

March 9th, 2009 at 7:46 pm

8. HarryJacksMom says:

Oh, how wonderful! Our snow has melted and spring is just around the corner here, so now I’m inspired, too! Sean looks so grown up :sigh: My guys are also hat fiends, and there’s just something so ‘boy’ about it :wub: Happy Spring! Thanx for sharing the great photos!

March 9th, 2009 at 7:58 pm

9. k&c's mom says:

Felt like I went on a vacation looking at your pictures! Love the ground that needed pokin. What a great kid!

March 9th, 2009 at 8:24 pm

10. tami says:

That first photo – with accompanying effects – is marvelous!! So mysterious, so magical elf/fairy landish.

March 9th, 2009 at 8:33 pm

11. diXymiss says:

Impressive series of piX, AM! What a delight to join your family for a walk ~ thanX. Looks to me like you’ve mastered your camera beautifully.

It’s c-c-cooold here with snow flurries and icey wind. The piXies and I are anXious for spring weather to arrive (and stick around).

March 9th, 2009 at 8:34 pm

12. Jodie says:

My favorite caption:
      “Some dirt that needs pokin’.”

Ain’t that the way with little boys! :) I love them!

It looks like y’all had a fantastic walk. *happy sigh* WELCOME Spring!

March 9th, 2009 at 8:46 pm

13. Sarah at themommylogues says:

How refreshing — ground that’s not buried under feet of snow, with another foot coming tomorrow.

Note to self: Move away from frozen tundra.

March 9th, 2009 at 9:11 pm

14. Amy says:

I love the pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time together.

I think that I should bring my camera along next time the boy and I go for a stroll.

March 9th, 2009 at 9:45 pm

15. UPrinting Online Printing says:

Impressive photo walk. A photo walk to remember especially when your kid grows up. Thanks for sharing your photo walk.

March 9th, 2009 at 9:59 pm

16. dianne-bunny trails says:

How totally fun. We’ve done a few of those walks in our old neighborhood. Hoping this one will be good when things start blooming or growing or something. No livestock living around here, though. Just dogs and cats and things like that.

March 9th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

17. Gretchen says:

I can just feel the we’ll get there when we get there pace of the walk. Great shots. Even of the rare and unusual cricket and the dirt which needed pokin.

March 9th, 2009 at 10:39 pm

18. Shelly W. says:

Oh, I’m so jealous that you have Spring!!

March 9th, 2009 at 11:23 pm

19. Jenny says:

Those are some great photos. It looks like you live in a nice place. And we are having the same lovely weather.

March 10th, 2009 at 12:07 am

20. Minnesotamom says:

Wow! Beautiful weather you’re having! We are supposed to get 4″ of snow tomorrow. I’m trying to look on the bright side–Anja loves it when I scoop a bunch of clean snow onto a tray and bring it in for her to play with.

March 10th, 2009 at 12:54 am

And such lovely sidewalks to walk with a young child on! Around here are a bunch of twisty narrow roads, no sidewalks, that drivers feel compelled to go at least 50 mph on. If I want any nice walks with my kid, I have to drive to some forest. Where it’s muddy or snowy right now, but she doesn’t mind. She finds lots of gooshy stuff “that needs stompin’ ” ;-)

March 10th, 2009 at 5:36 am

22. tas says:

wow! a teeshirt? shorts?

we’re still in winter boots and longjohns here. In fact, the weather man is calling for a winter snow storm to start after lunch….

shorts….must be nice

tas

March 10th, 2009 at 7:30 am

23. carla turner says:

You are an amazing photographer!!!

March 10th, 2009 at 7:48 am

24. Margie says:

Oh, it was a very nice weekend here too. Granddaughter and I were outside almost all day Saturday and Sunday. But as one of the other commenters said, hold on to your coats, it is going to be in the 30’s later this week. Grrrr.

March 10th, 2009 at 9:00 am

25. rrmama says:

Great pics. I love the dog on the trampoline and your littl boyfriend digging in the dirt.

March 10th, 2009 at 9:28 am

I cannot thank you enough AM for those wonderful Spring pics. Up here in Northern Ontario, Canada we are preparing for yet another winter storm. Those wonderful images will help me get through the rest of this horrible winter.

Take care and enjoy the weather.

Roxanne

March 10th, 2009 at 9:34 am

27. Pat says:

Simple & beautiful things. Everyday blessings. God is good. Thanks for “taking” us along!

March 10th, 2009 at 9:36 am

28. Jenni D. says:

I loved the walk. I want to live in your neighborhood. Or just be you.
      I absolutely adore the dog-through-crack-in-fence shot. The ears kill me!

March 10th, 2009 at 11:08 am

29. Elizabth says:

Super pix! Thanks for sharing.

March 10th, 2009 at 11:25 am

30. melissa says:

those were great. i especially liked the one of him under the bridge.

March 10th, 2009 at 2:53 pm

31. Lauren says:

I love the prissy dog. I have 2!!! It should win the sweetest dog on th block too :)

Great Pics!

March 10th, 2009 at 3:51 pm

32. Lauren says:

Somehow I typed the wrong website above.

March 10th, 2009 at 3:52 pm

33. Baby Favorite says:

I want to go!

Somehow, the tumbleweeds and scorpions don’t have quite the same effect on me, though…

March 10th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

34. Cassie J. says:

Ok, we all were wearing shorts and playing golf yesterday in the 70 degree weather. Today, overcast and there is sleet hitting my windows! Only in Arkansas!

March 11th, 2009 at 11:19 am

35. Nette says:

OH my gosh, you take such good pictures AND looks like you live in a really beautiful area.
      I really need a better camera and my 40th birthday is coming up. :) Do you mind me asking what you use?

March 11th, 2009 at 12:21 pm

36. Jenny 867-5309 says:

My favorite, hands-down is Marmaduke behind the crack. Awesome!

March 11th, 2009 at 2:48 pm

37. momof8 says:

What an adorable little boy Sean is. It is nice to see it is Spring somewhere out there. Today at the school bus stop it was minus 4 degrees with a 20 below wind chill. Sigh. My little guy (age 6) wants to roller blade!!!

March 12th, 2009 at 12:27 am

38. Mary says:

I love the ‘Dirt that needs pokin’ I miss my little nephews. The youngest is turning 13 this year. No more babies. No more snips and snails and puppy dog tails. Thanks for share Sean’s boyhood.

March 16th, 2009 at 5:16 pm

39. Gaye Welton says:

Your photographs are just awesome!

March 19th, 2009 at 11:55 pm