• © Antique Mommy 2005-2013
  • It’s Always About The Chocolate

April 7, 2009

When AD went out of town recently, he called me in the evening to see how my day went.

When I asked him how his trip was going, he said fine and then went on to tell me about the hotel.

“I got a suite,” he reported.

“Really?” I said, “You got a chocolate on your pillow? Must be a nice hotel.”

If you were to crack my head open and peek inside, you would not find gray matter, or air as many of you suspect, but Ghiradelli.

1. Tom says:

Chocolate. Nature’s perfect food. Okay, maybe not… but it should be. And I’m with you on the Ghirardelli thing; it’s the best all around. I usually cycle between several different brands; Dove, Dilletante, Cadbury and even Hershey – but Ghirardelli is the best.

April 7th, 2009 at 9:26 am

2. Heidi says:

My husband recently brought home several boxes of Ghiradelli from San Francisco – enough for me to take to my ladies retreat and share with everybody. Because really, you can never have too much chocolate at a ladies retreat, right?

April 7th, 2009 at 9:53 am

3. Janis says:

What is it about chocolate? Even my 12 year old daughter goes around asking if we have any chocolate in the house. Little does she know that mom has eaten all of it, even the generic chocolate chips.

April 7th, 2009 at 9:54 am

4. Iota says:

I think you need to try Cadbury’s.

April 7th, 2009 at 10:06 am

5. Shoe says:

So does Antique Daddy get to eat the chocolate or MUST he bring it home for Antique Mommy to eat?

He usually eats the cheap hotel chocolate himself and then buys me a piece or two from the hotel gift shop, the expensive kind that you buy by the piece and they put in a tiny pretty gold box.

April 7th, 2009 at 11:12 am

6. Becca says:

Too stinking funny. I recently fell head over heels for Lindt “white chocolate truffles with cocoa nibs, inspired by cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream.”

ooo-ooo-oooh! Lindt chocolates are dangerously delicious, so smooth. Impossible to stop at just ten. ~AM

April 7th, 2009 at 11:15 am

7. The Bug says:

Mmm – chocolate is totally my poison of choice. I really like the Cadbury eggs – although a lot of people find them too sweet. Yummy, sugary, creamy goodness!

April 7th, 2009 at 11:24 am

8. Tracy says:

Good chocolate is never to be missed. And I am not listening to the talk about Lindt truffles. I am on a diet. I am on a diet. I am on a diet. And I’m sick and can’t go to the store… maybe I could call and beg dh… after all, I’m sick…

April 7th, 2009 at 12:32 pm

9. Kathleen says:

Definitely! But I am getting to be a dark chocolate snob. I can barely eat milk chocolate anymore, which is sad!

April 7th, 2009 at 12:43 pm

10. JanMary, N Ireland says:

Don’t have Ghiradelli here but I am a big fan of Cadburys. I have heard however, that our Cadburys does not taste the same as US Cadburys!

April 7th, 2009 at 1:35 pm

11. Heather says:

Right now, Target has their Starbucks chocolate on clearance. If I have to live with that knowledge, other chocoholics have to know also ;)

April 7th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

12. Pat says:

My husband brings me his pillow chocolate when he has to stay overnight out of town. Two kinds of sweet. Also, Doves dark chocolate is great!

April 7th, 2009 at 2:27 pm

13. Meg @ Spicy Magnolia says:

I’m right there with you! And if I can manage it, I’d sneak the chocolate off my husband’s pillow before he noticed it and devour it without a tinge of guilt.

April 7th, 2009 at 3:18 pm

14. Michele says:

The space in my head is filled with Dove Chocolate. I cannot get enough of it. My kids know I have a secret stash.

April 7th, 2009 at 4:35 pm

15. Kathy says:

Milka is my favorite. Can’t stop at 10 or 20. Ack! Must explain the 20 extra pounds I’ve accumulated in the last 20 years….

April 7th, 2009 at 5:15 pm

16. Joan Gambill says:

I am 81 and I decided that death by chocolate is the way to go, of course, bacon is really, really good! But chocolate, when I start eating more chocolate than is good for me, I have lived long enough and, but I worry, what if chocolate and bacon are what keeps me in good health? What would I eat then? Hmmmm, fried chicken from Popeyes, Kentucky Fried, or that other one. Yeah, death by fried chicken!!! That’s the way to go.

April 7th, 2009 at 6:17 pm

17. Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com says:

LOL!

We stayed at a hotel recently where they left chocolates on the nightstands. My husband didn’t figure it out until the last day, when he happened to see one before I ate it. So my brain is full of chocolate fluff too.

April 7th, 2009 at 6:57 pm

18. Lauren says:

Was it a multi-room suite? Were there sweets in every room??

April 7th, 2009 at 7:56 pm

19. Ann G says:

Can’t get enough chocolate around here either!! In fact I’m looking forward to Sunday so I can have a little treat — maybe a biggo chocolate bunny!!

April 7th, 2009 at 8:30 pm

20. Pam D says:

Hee!!! It took me a minute to get that.. I s’pose the air in MY head had to get pressurized or something. Hilarious!

April 7th, 2009 at 8:35 pm

21. Amanda - VintageDutchGirl says:

Mine is chock full of the Ambrosia chocolate chips from Costco…yep, the 10lb bag :)

April 8th, 2009 at 12:33 am

22. Sally says:

I keep a stash of chocolate handy for daily consumption. Never miss a day. My husband has his own stash, and he is not to touch mine. (We don’t like white chocolate, though. It just isn’t right.)

April 8th, 2009 at 8:40 am

23. Jenny-Jenny says:

Anything with coconut. Girl Scout Samoa Cookies. COMFORT

April 8th, 2009 at 9:18 am

24. gretchen says:

Yet another reason i heart you.

April 8th, 2009 at 11:42 am

25. Heather says:

Chocolate is my friend, esp Toblerone!! You MUST try it. It’s HEAVENLY! Of course, I’ve consumed my fair share of Lindt and Dove, too. But Toblerone is hands down my favorite. :)

April 8th, 2009 at 1:01 pm

26. Stretch Mark Mama says:

I clear the Ghirardelli (sp! sp!) shelf every time I hit the Target. My word, have you tried the twilight delight? Or the espresso escape? Or the toffee whatever-it’s-called? But the plain dark chocolate is divine as well. Sigh…

I’m convinced that whatever they put in the Ghiradelli chocolate, the ones with the smooth and creamy centers, is illegal. It’s just that good.

April 8th, 2009 at 4:12 pm