• Lizzie

April 23, 2009

Photobucket

This guy was either really afraid of me or really turned on by me. Or like AD, both.

1. Kiy says:

Or like AD, both.

Hahahaha! That got quite the chuckle out of me. I think my husband feels the same sometimes. 🙂

Cheers, thanks for the early morning laugh. Oh, and fab photo!

Kiy

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:15 am

2. {Momma in Pearls} says:

Wow great pic! What wild iife you have around you! My lizards just lay there, and are always brown. What does that say about my yard? hmmm.

Great pic!

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:20 am

3. Erin says:

Bahahahaha.

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:37 am

4. rrmama says:

Funny!

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:43 am

5. Just Mom says:

Gorgeous, gorgeous photo.

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:54 am

6. Tom says:

Really great photo. Momma in Pearls stole my comment. Not sure how to write up the lawsuit.

April 23rd, 2009 at 10:23 am

7. Shirley Cohen says:

God’s design or the new spring colors!

April 23rd, 2009 at 10:25 am

8. First Born at 40 says:

Maybe he just read yesterday’s post about rednecks! A kindred spirit!

April 23rd, 2009 at 10:36 am

9. jean says:

snicker

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:20 am

10. Grace says:

I have to go with the comment from Firstborn at 40. Very witty. Very funny. Very fun.

And your’s, AM. Pretty funny stuff. Crisp photo, too!

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:26 am

11. Pam D says:

Yep, I was just going to say what an appropriate picture for your previous post, but I got beat to the punch(line)! And, due to the proclivities of my son, I’ve read a lot about green anoles. Not sure what perfume you’re wearing, but I think he’s in love. He’s actually kind of cute… in a weird, lizardy sort of way.

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:45 am

12. Vanderbilt Wife says:

We used to have three anoles (Petunia, Lily, and Vernon, if anyone cares!) and it was a hoot to watch the male bob his head at the females. And then they would have a catfight over him. Good times. May they all rest in peace in the bushes in front of our old apartment.

April 23rd, 2009 at 1:01 pm

13. rhonda says:

Okay, since my daughter is nicknamed Lizzie (she’s an Elizabeth)…it took seeing the picture to see what you were talking about! Ha!

That might be one reason I resisted nicknaming her for so long (SHE chose the nickname between Kindergarten and 1st)

I think it’s great to have a name that can be “nicked”. That way you have options! I only have four letters in my name and you can do nothing with that, not even add a cute little “y” at the end. I love the name Elizabeth and all its various forms. ~AM

April 23rd, 2009 at 1:08 pm

14. Nan says:

Hee hee! My grandmother used to have one of these lizzies (or a close relative) who would arrive on the veranda at EXACTLY four o’clock every afternoon for tea and cake. I kid you not. Definitely more of an “Elizabeth” than “Lizzie”!

April 23rd, 2009 at 1:32 pm

15. Bee says:

My husband feels the same way about me. He said he loves me and likes me all of the time. Even when I’m being (finger twirling around temple). Then he just tries to stay out of my way!

April 23rd, 2009 at 1:39 pm

16. Michele says:

Ahhh…lizards make great pets. We have a leopard gecko that is just the coolest thing. He’s my favorite pet. Mainly b/c we can leave him home alone when we go on vacation and he always behaves.

April 23rd, 2009 at 2:13 pm

17. Lori says:

Amazing photo! I had a little green lizard looking over my shoulder as I read on my deck yesterday. But taking a picture of him amidst the spider webs under the railing wouldn’t have been nearly as artistic as what you captured! (sigh)

April 23rd, 2009 at 4:05 pm

18. Iota says:

Another redneck!

April 23rd, 2009 at 4:59 pm

19. Meg @ Spicy Magnolia says:

LOL! What did AD say about this post after he read it?? 😉

April 23rd, 2009 at 8:16 pm

20. Nette says:

Too funny. I think my hubs feels a little bit the same about me:)
      After all, he has seen ALL sides of me. I’m lucky he still loves me:)

I love the lizard guy! Is he in your neighborhood? Can he get you a good deal on car insurance??

April 23rd, 2009 at 8:49 pm

21. Minnesotamom says:

Haha! He kind of reminds me of the weird showy birds on Planet Earth…

Better luck next time, dude!

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:33 pm

22. Shannon says:

Oooh, my favorite lizard, the green anole (or greenie, as we used to call them). My brother and I would catch them and keep them in a jar, and did you know if you turn him on his back and stroke his belly – he’ll go into a trance? Or, um – you can pass that on for Sean to try.

I don’t see them all that much anymore, the brown lizards have outnumbered them here in SoFla, but I just discovered one on my neighbor’s gumbo limbo tree and he makes me happy every time I get a glimpse of him.

Thanks for the laugh, AM. (Can I just make that a postscript for my every comment to you?!)

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:59 pm

23. Margie says:

aaah, the simple things in life are the best. God’s little creatures. Great photo.

April 24th, 2009 at 8:30 am

24. Emily says:

Ha ha. That was really funny.

April 26th, 2009 at 9:47 pm