• Spider Web

September 8, 2009

Photobucket

We spent our holiday weekend in beautiful Arkansas on our annual canoe trip with 21 of our best friends.  We stayed in an historic log cabin/lodge on a fabulous property that over looks the mountains.  Above is one of the many dew covered spider webs that decorates the property in the morning.  This one was about 4-ft tall.

Great fun was had by all, consequently the House of Antique is wiped out.   Kindergarten starts to day, so it’s a big day.  Lots to do — thoughts to think, memories to remember, words to write, clothes to wash, coffee to drink, naps to take….

More stories, more pictures, later….

Photobucket

Sean and Antique Mommy on the river.

1. jean says:

I am in love with the spider web. And good luck to the three of you on the first day of Kindergarten.

September 8th, 2009 at 8:39 am

2. Kay says:

Love it! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

September 8th, 2009 at 9:10 am

3. Iota says:

That web is amazing.

September 8th, 2009 at 9:26 am

4. momof8 says:

Happy first day of school! Today for our first day we watched the bus go up the street West of us and across and back the street South of us, but never came to our stop. Of course you can’t get through to transportation on the first day, so hopefully they stop by on the way home after school! Ah school . . .

September 8th, 2009 at 10:43 am

5. Jenny-Jenny says:

It is also our first day of school. My baby is in 5th grade and didn’t “need” me to walk to the bus with her. What am I supposed to do? Accomplish something?

Love the web and seeing a picture of you!

September 8th, 2009 at 11:32 am

6. k&c's mom says:

We want to hear about the first day of kindergarten! Sounds like your summer ended with a bang. (Love the “House of Antiques.”)

September 8th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

7. Amy @ Living Locurto says:

Hope the first day of school goes great! Can’t wait to hear about your trip. That sounds like a blast:-)

September 8th, 2009 at 12:23 pm

8. Jenny 867-5309 says:

Those spider webs were everywhere this weekend, weren’t they? Big spiders too! We’ve been enjoying those and the little tuffs of webs on the dewy grass. We almost went canoeing this weekend but decided on Silver Dollar City. It was beautiful but PACKED!

September 8th, 2009 at 12:52 pm

9. Shelly W. says:

Like the web, but I love the picture of you two! Good luck today!

September 8th, 2009 at 1:17 pm

10. Monica @ The Writer Chic says:

I kind of want to steal that spiderweb photo, edit it into BW and blow it up and use it as the centerpiece for my halloween decor. Awesome job, AM!

September 8th, 2009 at 2:17 pm

11. RefreshMom says:

What a great ending to summer!

I hope the launch went well this morning. The house will seem sadly quiet without your little boyfriend around. I hope he has lots of fun to share with you this afternoon.

September 8th, 2009 at 2:32 pm

12. mythoughtsonthat says:

Peace to you as your boyfriend starts school.

September 8th, 2009 at 4:15 pm

13. happy geek says:

Happy K day!
      May your tears be few and your latte be big!

September 8th, 2009 at 4:20 pm

14. Hillary @ The Other Mama says:

I hope the first day of school was fantastic for your little man! And it sounds like a full blown nap is in order!

September 8th, 2009 at 4:24 pm

15. edj says:

Sounds like a great way to end summer. Tell Sean to have fun in K! (I bet he’ll love it)

September 8th, 2009 at 5:41 pm

16. Ann G says:

Kindergarten started for us today, too! It was a hit! So much fun and learning to do…sounds like a great way to end the summer break.

September 8th, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Hope the day was wonderful for Sean.

September 8th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

18. LauraLee@Selah says:

Wowzer! That is amazing!

September 9th, 2009 at 12:20 am

19. Steffj89 says:

pretty picture and yet i HATE those webs…i go out waving a broom in the mornings to get them off the deck
      steff

September 9th, 2009 at 3:02 am

20. Lori says:

HOW did you get the picture of the spider web? We had a very cool spider web on our back deck that ran between 2 patio umbrellas. It was HUGE. I tried to take a picture of the complex web, but it just looked weird. I did it at night and scared the fool out of the poor spider (she ran to the top of the web!). I was sad I missed a great photo op because I just had no idea how to get a good shot of it. Phooey!

September 10th, 2009 at 9:20 pm

21. Megan (FriedOkra) says:

Look at y’all! Are you cute or what? A couple of Late Summer Scouts out on a big adventure.

Bean and I are reading Charlotte’s Web together right now, so we both really had to stop and examine and be awestruck by your pretty photo. It’s true – a spider’s web is a miraculous thing. I wonder if you could Photoshop “SOME PIG” into it?

September 11th, 2009 at 9:49 am

22. Donna W says:

Barring torrential downpours, next weekend we plan to ride our motorcycle to Arkansas, to the Hub Motorcycle resort, south of Harrison. We’ll meet up with another couple and cruise the lovely back roads there. I love Arkansas.

September 12th, 2009 at 7:24 am

23. Stretch Mark Mama says:

Canoes and log cabins are perhaps two of my very favorite things.

September 17th, 2009 at 3:17 am