• How To Win Friends and Influence People

October 12, 2009

If you want people to like you better,  make these biscuits.

Photobucket

Cheese Garlic Biscuits (or Red Lobster Biscuits)

2 cups of buttermilk baking mix (I use Pioneer.)

1 cup of grated cheese

2/3 cup of milk

Mix it up. Yes, that’s all, mix it up.

Photobucket

Dough will be thick. Drop on lightly greased cookie sheet with a spoon.

Bake at 400 for about 8-10 minutes till peaks begin to brown.

Photobucket

As soon as you taken them out of the oven brush them liberally with a mixture of melted butter, garlic powder and salt.

Antique Mommy’s Awesomely Good Herbed Butter

But if you are like me and just can’t leave well enough alone, then mix up some herbed butter to brush on top or to serve on the side.

1 cup of margarine

1/4 cup of real butter (softened)

garlic powder

cumin

chili powder

2 drops of liquid smoke

salt

parsley flakes

Enjoy!

1. zoom says:

The biscuits and butter look divine. The brown and white transferware, oh sister, I crave those dishes. That is the perfect fall pattern.

October 12th, 2009 at 1:29 pm

2. Julie at Elisharose says:

I made some of these just a couple of weeks ago to see if I could. They didn’t last 30 minutes. Yummmmm.

October 12th, 2009 at 3:07 pm

3. Lisa says:

These are especially good when the dough is mixed with little bits of browned sausage. Yum!

October 12th, 2009 at 3:57 pm

4. Sarah S. says:

We eat these until we are almost ill at our house. Not a pretty sight. I can only imagine how mixing in the sausage might go over, as Lisa suggests. A perfect cold weather biscuit!

October 12th, 2009 at 4:08 pm

5. Amy says:

Would definitely be your friend for life if you want to package some of those up and send them my way! 🙂

October 12th, 2009 at 4:34 pm

6. happy geek says:

And now I can get my husband to d whatever I want him to.
      He’s addicted to the Red lobster biscuits.
      I may get my basement cleaned out after all.
      (Insert evil giggle.)

October 12th, 2009 at 4:36 pm

7. katherine says:

mmmm….i’m trying to figure out what to make for dinner that will go with those biscuits!

October 12th, 2009 at 4:40 pm

8. Shelly W. says:

Be still my foolish heart! Those look GOOD!! Might have to try those this week.

October 12th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

9. Praise and Coffee says:

My family will thank you!
      Sue

October 12th, 2009 at 6:37 pm

10. Kathy says:

I just made these today to go with the stew stewing in the crockpot since 7 am this morning…..I dollop mine into muffin tins and then head to confession (although I’m not catholic) after I have eaten far too many.

October 12th, 2009 at 8:57 pm

11. diXymiss says:

Be still my carb-starved heart (er, tummy)! I can almost smell them… Can almost taste their buttery, garlicky goodness. Get thee behind me biscuits! 😉

October 12th, 2009 at 9:17 pm

12. Michaele says:

I’m not exactly sure how I stumbled across your blog but I LOVE it! I am hosting my very first Thanksgiving this year and have been surfing around for inspiration/ideas/comfort…!!! I’ll definitely be back to read more.

Warm regards, Michaele

October 12th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

13. Dana~Are We There Yet? says:

To quote MeMaw: “So good they’ll make yore tongue reach up and slap yore brains out!”

I use Pioneer baking mix too, and I drop mine into lightly buttered muffin tins. I took a batch to a family that just had a baby, and I swear they came thisclose to renaming that baby after me.

October 12th, 2009 at 11:46 pm

14. Janet says:

Yum! I’m at work so I can’t make any right now. Might have to head to Red Lobster for lunch. But I’ll definitely be making some for the family this week! Unfortunately this means I won’t be fitting into that new bathing suit when I go to the Bahamas in two weeks. 😐

October 13th, 2009 at 11:12 am

15. Jackie Hall says:

LOL Dixmis… that was funny!

AM, I love you for giving out this valuable info! These are the best biscuits ever!!! My guys would love these with bits of sausage as others have suggested. Besides if you put bits of sausage in them that could be a meal! haha Well for me not my guys.

October 13th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

16. Cassandra says:

Yummy! So true…Good Cooks never lack friends!

October 13th, 2009 at 1:10 pm

17. Shannon says:

You know, I am just skipping this post because I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at the picture!!! Ahh! (Looks good, though!)

October 13th, 2009 at 3:48 pm

18. rrmama says:

YUM!!!

October 13th, 2009 at 3:48 pm

19. Pat T says:

Oh thank you. Love the Red Lobster buscuits but for some reason never sought out the recipe and here it is – fell straight in my lap (ok my laptop) 🙂 Can’t wait to try these. My mouth is already watering.

October 13th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

20. Karen says:

Heaven help me! Yet another reason why there’s spandex in my closet! 🙂
      Thanks!

October 13th, 2009 at 4:39 pm

21. Hillary @ The Other Mama says:

Looks Dee-Lish!! The biscuits are about the only reason to go to Red Lobster {Sorry, RL!}. I can’t wait to try them at home with your butter!

You might be receiving a complaint letter from my thighs.

October 13th, 2009 at 11:19 pm

22. edj says:

Fortunately, I have a cookbook with the equivalent of your oh-so-nonchalent buttermilk baking mix. Sigh.
      Also, liquid smoke? Dream on.

October 15th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

23. edj says:

I made them, but from scratch, instead of making my own baking mix. It was simpler. So I guess I didn’t exactly follow your recipe, but you inspired me nonetheless 🙂 And my daughter said they were SO GOOD that if I gave her one every day she would be my slave for life. I pointed out she already was (that’s what daughter means, I told her) but she’s not convinced. So thanks!

October 16th, 2009 at 1:48 pm

24. Answers in the Wind « Planet Nomad says:

[…] a cup of grated Edam cheese, which is the cheapest and most available cheese round here. I modified Antique Mommy’s recipe, since hers called for impossible items like baking mix, and it was easier to make it from scratch […]

October 16th, 2009 at 1:50 pm

25. Kristin says:

You have fulfilled one of my greatest desires; to know how to make the Red Lobster biscuits. Thank you!

October 22nd, 2009 at 12:46 pm

26. Great-Granny Grandma says:

That sounds delicious–and so simple too. I like simple. Will definitely be trying it soon.

October 23rd, 2009 at 4:50 pm