• Having Myself A Merry Little Christmas

December 25, 2009

Photobucket

I am just popping in to say hello and season’s greetings and merry Christmas and all that good stuff.  I hope your holidays have been bright thus far.

We have had a Norman Rockwellian sort of Christmas here at the House of Antique. We had a lovely snowfall on Christmas eve and even built a snowman.  We have had company and baked cookies and sang carols and thoroughly enjoyed the sparkle and light a six-year-old brings to the season.

I got a robe for Christmas, not a Rob as I was led to believe. Guess I’ll have to run my own errands.  Sean got an archery set and not a Barbie Dream House as I led him to believe.

In the years to come, I doubt that we’ll remember the gifts or even the snow, but that we were well, warm, fed and all together; that we lacked nothing.  It doesn’t get any better than that, does it?

The picture in the snow globe is one AD took today of Sean and me while we were out walkin’ in a winter wonderland.  I made the snow globe in Photoshop using the  PanosFX snow globe action, a free download.

1. Tom says:

Our kids were led to believe they’d gotten exercise equipment, only to discover Beatles Rockband for the Wii. Well… it is sort of like exercise… Merry Christmas to you all!

December 25th, 2009 at 9:15 pm

Oh. . .I believe that Sean WILL remember the snow. . .and he most definitely WOULD HAVE REMEMBERED if you HAD gotten him a Barbie Dream House. 🙂 No snow in Houston, but COLD–and clear and bright.

December 25th, 2009 at 9:31 pm

3. fern says:

Merry Christmas to the House of Antique.

December 25th, 2009 at 9:48 pm

4. Astaryth says:

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me! There is nothing like having a child to bring out the magic of the season!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

December 25th, 2009 at 10:11 pm

5. Quirky says:

An archery set! How cool is that?!?

(And I suppose the robe is nice too).

Merry Christmas!

December 25th, 2009 at 10:54 pm

6. FortheLoveofNaps says:

Very cute picture. I appreciate your calm look on life. Merry Christmas!

December 25th, 2009 at 10:58 pm

7. Allison says:

Merry Christmas! We now have the “Little House on the Prairie” books, thanks to you! Hope to start reading them next week. My girls need some lessons in being grateful…they opened iPods, Taylor Swift tickets, clothes, DS games, and more…and still had the wherewithal to ask why they didn’t get a Wii! Hoping Laura Ingalls can help us out!

December 25th, 2009 at 11:08 pm

8. Steffj89 says:

Awesome picture! Merry Christmas to the house of Antique. Enjoy.
      Steff

December 25th, 2009 at 11:38 pm

9. Janmary, n ireland says:

Merry Christmas to you and yours from N Ireland.

We too had a lovely day, and are now enjoying a quieter Boxing Day.

December 26th, 2009 at 4:19 am

10. edj says:

Merry Christmas! Sooo cool that you got snow!! 🙂 We had a v quiet Christmas chez nous also. Love the pic.

December 26th, 2009 at 9:31 am

11. Cyndi says:

Merry Christmas, Antiques! It seems like this year has been a good, old-fasioned one – and a white Christmas for you, yay!

December 26th, 2009 at 10:01 am

12. Barb says:

Merry Christmas!! It is ironic that we in Buffalo had no snow for Christmas but that you had it in Texas.

December 26th, 2009 at 12:49 pm

13. mythoughtsonthat says:

Such a hard year for us here and yet….such a nice Christmas. But so glad it’s over- I am NOT a big fan of Christmas but I do a good job for my boy.

The snow globe is awesome!

Peace.

December 26th, 2009 at 1:37 pm

14. Sharon M. says:

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family. Thank you for always sharing. Your outlook on life and family makes this world feel like a kinder, gentler place.

December 26th, 2009 at 2:43 pm

15. everydayMOM says:

Merry Christmas! So glad Sean didn’t get the Barbie house and you didn’t get a Rob. =]

December 26th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

16. Stacey says:

LOVE the snow globe pic– maybe I’ll try that with one of my own!

It sounds as though Peace was at your home– Glad to hear!

December 26th, 2009 at 3:01 pm

17. Shelly W. says:

That picture just pulls at my heartstrings. So sweet.

Love to you and your family, AM. I am so happy I got to meet you and become friends with you this year. Happy 2010!!!

December 26th, 2009 at 5:02 pm

18. The G-Ma says:

AM, your posts have given us vignettes rich in whimsy, beauty of the ordinary, and love for your child which is a singular reflection of God’s love for us. The sorrows in your past have honed the wonder and gratitude of your present.

You’ve been graced with a deep understanding of this balance.

I wish you Christmas peace in your home, joy in your spirit, and beauty to surround you.

December 26th, 2009 at 8:17 pm

19. happy geek says:

Wow. That’s a lot of snow for Texas.

Merry Christmas house of Antique!

December 27th, 2009 at 9:22 am

20. Christy says:

Oh, if only more of life could mimic Mr. Rockwell’s! Cheers & Happy New Year!

December 28th, 2009 at 3:27 pm

21. Iota says:

I’m too late to say Happy Christmas, Antique Mommy, but I’m in time to say Happy New Year.

I’ve enjoyed your blog throughout 2009. Thanks for all you write.

December 29th, 2009 at 9:51 pm