• Mirror Lake

June 12, 2010

Photobucket
    This is the aptly named Mirror Lake in Yosemite Valley.  The last time I saw it, around 10 years ago, it looked a lot different – it was bigger and less “mucky”.  Through natural processes, the lake is filling in and will someday disappear altogether and become a meadow.

In this photo, I applied an HDR affect which gives it a surrealistic quality, although Yosemite is surrealistically beautiful all on its own without the aid of Photoshop.

1. Dianne says:

Hard to believe that’s a photo! It looks like a painting. What a gorgeous shot! Sad that it will one day full up, though.

June 12th, 2010 at 11:30 am

2. Karen says:

So beautiful~striking!

June 13th, 2010 at 4:35 am

3. Catch the Kids says:

What a lovely spot. And I’m guessing your camera did not stop at one photo!

June 13th, 2010 at 4:38 am

4. Tom says:

Beautiful. You hardly ever see a good shot of half-dome from that side.

June 13th, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Rather than looking surreal to me, it looks like those old photos that would get tinted by hand, very nostalgic!

June 14th, 2010 at 4:51 am

6. Trixie says:

Your photos are always so amazing! I love all the new stuff you are doing with Photoshop. In a way I’m envious that you are making the time to learn all about it. So often I get something that has all kinds of neat features and they go unused because I never take the time to learn how to use them.

June 14th, 2010 at 8:54 am

7. Julie Gillies says:

What a beautiful photo. My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon out in Yosemite…nearly 24 years ago.

June 14th, 2010 at 11:39 am

8. Quirky says:

Oh wow. Just wow. You put my little point and click photos to shame. My editing skills are limited to removing red eye…and that’s only because my photo software has a button that says “click here to remove red eye”.

You’re like the Photoshop poster girl!

June 16th, 2010 at 1:33 pm

9. Robbin says:

That brings back memories. My grandmother had an oil of this exact scene that hung above her chair for years in her little house in NY. Your colors are brighter, but the scene is otherwise exactly the same. Timeless.

July 9th, 2010 at 8:32 am